Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:23 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 611 Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:32 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Joshie225 wrote:
jcc wrote:
So can anybody consolidate this project in any detail here, that's available at this time?
Might help get others to get on board, that might be slightly too timid to ask for clarification, which is not a problem I'm known to have. :D

Ram has to make a new flywheel to fit the Force 9.5 clutch system to the /6. Every other part of the system is already stocked by Ram. Ram can put just about any clutch disc center in the Force 9.5" discs to accommodate transmission swaps.

What more do you want to know?

Then to verify for a start:
a. its a 122 tooth FW
b. Its an alum FW
c. Its a dual disc Set-up?
D. It will fit a stock OEM bellhousing
e. will it fit a "Quicktime" bellhousing?
f. Most disc common splines will be available?
g. the full line of disc material configurations will be available?
h. The discs will be "sprung"?
i. Marcell discs will available?
j. Floater Disc retainers will be by link or stud?

My interest is increasing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:13 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model: 1964 Dart GT
jcc wrote:
Joshie225 wrote:
jcc wrote:
So can anybody consolidate this project in any detail here, that's available at this time?
Might help get others to get on board, that might be slightly too timid to ask for clarification, which is not a problem I'm known to have. :D

Ram has to make a new flywheel to fit the Force 9.5 clutch system to the /6. Every other part of the system is already stocked by Ram. Ram can put just about any clutch disc center in the Force 9.5" discs to accommodate transmission swaps.

Please read through the post and follow the link in the op to the clutch. Most of your answers are within :shock: The ones that aren’t answered will be addressed when Ram gets an OEM bell housing and flywheel.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:46 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
FYI Andyz,

I had 31 folks say thery were interested in T5' adapters and there are 5 folks that never opened their PM from 7/29/20 to get the code, so some will be unable to commit to the purcha$e even though they are interested fyi.

I would have to talk to Bryce to see where we are at on manufacturing / shipping of the afore mentioned plates.

Greg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:06 am 
Supercharged

Car Model: Fiat 500e
jcc wrote:
Joshie225 wrote:
jcc wrote:

What more do you want to know?

Then to verify for a start:
a. its a 122 tooth FW
b. Its an alum FW
c. Its a dual disc Set-up?
D. It will fit a stock OEM bellhousing
e. will it fit a "Quicktime" bellhousing?
f. Most disc common splines will be available?
g. the full line of disc material configurations will be available?
h. The discs will be "sprung"?
i. Marcell discs will available?
j. Floater Disc retainers will be by link or stud?

My interest is increasing.

a. - c. Have been answered.
d. e. TBD, but highly likely
f. answered
g. 300 organic or 900 metallic.
h. top disc is sprung
i. Marcel isn't as important in a muti-disc, but you'll need to ask Ram
j. strap

https://ramclutches.com/force-95-dual-disc/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:51 am 
EFI Slant 6

Greg Ondayko wrote:
FYI Andyz,

I had 31 folks say thery were interested in T5' adapters and there are 5 folks that never opened their PM from 7/29/20 to get the code, so some will be unable to commit to the purcha$e even though they are interested fyi.

I would have to talk to Bryce to see where we are at on manufacturing / shipping of the afore mentioned plates.

Greg

Greg,
Yeah, and that’s ok. I was willing to get this at the 1-off price but wanted to get an idea if this is something that others members would be interested in. With 7 members at this point who have officially shown interest, the 1-off price is likely to be what we is offered.
When Ram gets the OEM parts needed for the dimensions, we will get a schedule of when this will be developed and I think more interest and commitment will be shown.
I did get a message from Gill Welding and they have ordered the material to make the T5 adapter plates and production should be underway soon. They make some cool stuff!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:48 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Donor Flywheel and 3 Spd Bell should be arriving to Mike at Ram Today.

Get it started!

Greg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:07 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
If they need an OEM Bell housing to assure fitment of this RAM FW/Cltuch solution, how do they know it will also fit a QuickTime housing which is slight smaller (?), without one to test fit?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:14 am 
EFI Slant 6

I got a message from Mike at Ram Clutches. They will be developing a 273 force 9.5 clutch in tandem with the slant clutch. I thought this had already been done by them, but I was mistaken. This is good news for 273 fans and us since these 2 will be very similar and can be developed in tandem. His preliminary thoughts are the only difference between the 2 projects may be the crank bolt pattern. That would be great.
He also mentioned that there are other projects and our project may take some time, which is understandable. I will continue to post here on updates as they happen.
If anyone has tried to swap a 273 flywheel in to a slant and has info which could be helpful, please feel free to chime in.
Thanks all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:22 am 
EFI Slant 6

jcc wrote:
If they need an OEM Bell housing to assure fitment of this RAM FW/Cltuch solution, how do they know it will also fit a QuickTime housing which is slight smaller (?), without one to test fit?

jcc, Where is the QT bell smaller than the 3 speed bell? Is it shorter?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:28 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
The QT bell looks to be substantially larger than an OEM 3 spd housing, at least from eyeballing it.

Lou

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:38 am 
EFI Slant 6

If anyone has a QT they would like to send to Ram Clutches, feel free to do so.
jcc, do you have one? I can send you the address and let them know it is on the way. This is the only way to be absolutely sure.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:07 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Yes, I have one on the shelf, I suspect they only need one, I'm in South Florida, about as far as one can be, but if the need is There I will do as needed. please forward some more details, as I'd of course like to see it returned.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:54 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Dart270 wrote:
The QT bell looks to be substantially larger than an OEM 3 spd housing, at least from eyeballing it.

Lou

Seal em up with plexiglas and grease / Silicone and then measure the amount of water they take on...like cc'ing a head.

That will give you an idea of volume at least!

Greg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:20 am 
EFI Slant 6

jcc wrote:
Yes, I have one on the shelf, I suspect they only need one, I'm in South Florida, about as far as one can be, but if the need is There I will do as needed. please forward some more details, as I'd of course like to see it returned.

jcc,
Thanks for your offer. If you can post an image of the QT from the side and engine side, or better yet, side by side with a 3 speed bell, We should be able to save you the time of sending it out.
I didn’t realize it but QT has discontinued the slant bell. But still, those who have one will likely want the Ram setup.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:34 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Parts are delivered on the Ground to Mike In SC.

Geeetteeeerdone.

Greg

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 611 Next