Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: 72 truck pan
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 6:54 am 
Doug: the pan IS a rear sump piece, it is still too nasty to tell whether or not there are any #s stamped in it. it has a "bung"for the dipstick in the side of it, looks to be a factory setup. i do not have the stick tho. the pan was on a core motor i located for someone a while back. i don't plan on getting a truck, or making a rail, so the pan is taking up space under the bench......chad

beardliz@msn.com

Post subject: Re: 72 truck pan
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 9:47 am 
Thanks Chad, Sounds like the standard truck / van pan. I am just putting the final touched on a pan article for the SSRN so still looking under a lot of SL6 vehicles at the moment.

Hay, did you get the flags I sent you a while back? Be sure to give one to Charlie.
DD
(User Above) wrote:
:
: Doug: the pan IS a rear sump piece, it is still
: too nasty to tell whether or not there are
: any #s stamped in it. it has a
: "bung"for the dipstick in the side
: of it, looks to be a factory setup. i do not
: have the stick tho. the pan was on a core
: motor i located for someone a while back. i
: don't plan on getting a truck, or making a
: rail, so the pan is taking up space under
: the bench......chad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 2:19 pm 
(User Above) wrote:
: Thanks Chad, Sounds like the standard truck /
: van pan. I am just putting the final touched
: on a pan article for the SSRN so still
: looking under a lot of SL6 vehicles at the
: moment.
:
: Hay, did you get the flags I sent you a while
: back? Be sure to give one to Charlie.
: DD

yes, the flags got here ok, thank you. i have not made it out to charlies since they arived, but they are in a clean, grease free place (the house!) you may have just spoiled the suprise for charlie, so delete these posts before he see's them! let me check out the "airplane tug" that is down at the tranny mans shop for a possible oddball pan (has a 68 170 slant hooked up to a v8 727 with an adapter plate!) they use this thing to tote big ol 737, 747, etc... jet planes! wish you could have seen us driving that thing 3 miles to the shop from the airport! i may see charlie this weekend since he plans to come to universal, which is about 30 minutes from my house. i may be able to convince him to stop by, i may have another present for him, a guy wants me to get a 62 170 out of his garage for him. (free, get the dam thing outa my way) chad

beardliz@msn.com

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2001 8:41 pm 
let me check out the "airplane tug" that is down at the tranny mans shop for a possible oddball
pan (has a 68 170 slant hooked up to a v8 727 with an adapter plate!) they use this thing to tote big ol 737, 747, etc... jet planes!
Hey Chad....is that tug a factory setup, or converted? If factory, do me a favor, will you.....Send me the pertinent info on it. Make, model, year, and original engine size. If it's got something out of the norm for intake, exh., pan, I wouldn't mind knowing about that, also.

Roger

gts225@aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2001 6:27 am 
(User Above) wrote:
: Thanks Chad, Sounds like the standard truck /
: van pan. I am just putting the final touched
: on a pan article for the SSRN so still
: looking under a lot of SL6 vehicles at the
: moment.
:
: Hay, did you get the flags I sent you a while
: back? Be sure to give one to Charlie.
: DD

Hey Doug,
Chad came up to my place yesterday, thanks for the flag, hope to fly it at Thunder Valley. Will you make that meet?
Charlie

flturbo6@aol.com

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]