Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:09 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:20 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
Here are some pics of my hei setup, I will try to put some more pics up later.

Here is what I did with the piece of aluminum ,I figured a little gap would be good.

Here is my HEI module.

This is the relay I used for the setup,It works great.put beside of radiator.

I would like to thank Duster Idiot for the distributor(he is great for setting it up for my vehicle),66acuda for a carb( great guy),Slant Six Dan for the new carb and the relay setup(the one and only),and everybody who has answered my questions,now to get it road worthy :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:19 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
Damn, I'll have to check it with my own computer on my day off to see the pics. No worky through a government server.

One thing I wanted to do last summer was make a self-contained box specifically for the HEI stuff (controller and relay inside, with the box itself acting as a heatsink for the HEI module) out of a gutted MSD or Mallory box. Or better yet a Jacobs box, since that's about all they're good for :lol:

Figured it would clean things up nicely under the hood and look less like a "backyard mechanic" installation than my setup currently does.

Know how they always build a better idiot? That's me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:16 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
Jopapa,
Your post was the one I first read about the relay.I tried to make the relay less noticeable. The module on the other hand, first make it work ,then figure out best place to put it. I think I went overboard on the wire covering, but I hate to see wires all over the place

Dave

It looked easier in the book .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:22 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
00spy wrote:
Jopapa,
Your post was the one I first read about the relay.I tried to make the relay less noticeable. The module on the other hand, first make it work ,then figure out best place to put it. I think I went overboard on the wire covering, but I hate to see wires all over the place

Dave

Looks like a good, clean setup. I have the plans and wiring schematic done up for my self contained "HEI box" so I'll be working on that when I get home and making my setup look alot less ghetto. I'm planning to mount it in the same general location as the Mopar EI box and make it look as factory as I can, completely integrating it into the factory wiring harness.

Of course, I'll share pics and if I make any new discoveries with the setup, have Dan add it to the write-up.

Know how they always build a better idiot? That's me