Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:20 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:39 pm 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Thanks for the responses. I will think about what you said Josh. I surely don't see this as a problem in a drag car, since the turns are very few. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:05 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
The posts from Badvert65 are Right-On,, adding some additional info here for clarity.

see the photo from the 83 D150 FSM

OA-18 WT or terminal 2 goes to the dash gauge
J10C-14RD is power in
P1-18DB goes to the electric heated choke pull off

to determine which terminal is power in vs power out, use a multimeter to see which terminal at the connector has power when the ignition is switched on.

The choke pull off gets 12V power when the engine oil pressure is above approx 3 psi, or when the motor is running.
Shut off the ignition, oil pressure drops below 3 psi and the OE electric choke pull (wire P1-18DB) off looses power.
This feature is handy to use to shut off an electric fuel pump, in case of accident, assuming the accident kills the motor or to kill the ignition system in case of low oil pressure.

to do, so wire the P1-18DB power out to be the trigger for a relay that provides power to the ignition or fuel pump or both. Your choice.

For the 68 Barracuda, the MS3 Pro includes an inertia shock sensor that shuts down the ignition and fuel supply in case of an accident , I wired the oil pressure sensor in as additional protection to shut down the ignition in case of low oil pressure. For the 68 B, I have a dash toggle switch that overrides the oil pressure switch and I can pressurize the fuel rail at any time.
For the 83 D150, I wired the oil pressure sensor in as described above to shut down the electric fuel pump if the oil pressure is below 3 psi, ie engine stopped, basically in case of an accident.
No intentions of Road Racing - AutoCross with the 83 D150. I have a dash toggle switch that sends power to trigger the relay to power up the fuel pump to fill the carb bowl, the only time I use that is the first start after the D150 sitting over the winter.

Attachments:
oil pressure switch diagram.jpg
oil pressure switch diagram.jpg [ 85.87 KiB | Viewed 1340 times ]