Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:17 am 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
Hi all,

I'm a mechanical engineering student at Oregon Tech, and I'm currently enrolled in a Computational Fluid Dynamics course. The entire class focuses on performing a computer generated analysis of complex fluid flow through a project of my choice, and I am thinking about doing something with an efi intake manifold for a slant six.

I've researched converting my '67 dart to an efi setup over the last few years, but I thought it would be really cool if I could use this class to optimize and maybe build a customized intake myself.

The program used in this class normally costs $25k/yr, but since I'm going through a university it's almost free for me to use for this term.

The awesome thing about this program is that it will take away some of the trial and error aspect you would face with having new/unique plenum designs, and it will show you exactly what the airspeed velocities would be in each region of the manifold.

Does anyone have any existing CAD designs of a custom intake manifold they would like to have analyzed?

Let me know if you’re interested or if you have any pointers on which direction I should take.

Cheers!
Jake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:17 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 76 D100
Sounds like a fun project! I don't have a CAD file for you, but I hope you will share your findings when you complete the project.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:13 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model: 64 Valiant
Jake, I got your PM. Sounds interesting....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:42 pm 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Dear Jake,

Sounds like a very fun project. Do you intend to 3D print an intake mold for alulminum casting, or 3D print the final product, or??

There is a guy from Argentina who has CAD drawn an EFI intake and intends to cast it, but I cannot find the board thread at the moment.

Let me know if you want to chat about this by email or phone. I have personal experience running almost every intake ever made for a Slant 6 and I have two EFI'ed Slants (one TBI, one MPFI) that have been running since 2003.

All the best,

Lou