Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:07 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:36 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Thanks DadTruck,
Yes it appears for proper filler tube alignment some modification to tank or trunk pan is necessary. I'm sure I've seen threads where people said this swap works with strap relocation? Maybe the Tanks Inc tank has slightly different geometry, but still fits 63-66, but is somewhat different than 63-66 factory tank? Unless someone wiser chimes in, I will sadly say that this is not a direct replacement.

Maybe I misspoke, but Tanks Inc does not have an alternate tank for this application. They wanted me to let them know how it fit in the 62.

Maybe the reproduction 63 66 fit with grommet type neck tank seal and strap relocation?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:49 pm 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Quote:
Maybe the Tanks Inc tank has slightly different geometry, but still fits 63-66, but is somewhat different than 63-66 factory tank? Unless someone wiser chimes in, I will sadly say that this is not a direct replacement.

As I mentioned above ours (1965) fit well except for where the filler neck comes through the floor. The strap and fitment to the wheel well was good.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:09 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model: 1961 Dodge Lancer 170,..1968 Valiant 225 (Aussie)
Aussie here with a 1961 Dodge Lancer we imported to DownUnder last year...finally got it on the road but not completely finished *(they never are!")
Currently running an ebay 10Gallon fuel cell in the spare wheel hole inside the trunk.
Original tank has lots of rusty holes that by the looks of it were epoxy filled stateside, I cleaned those up and added a lot more...but alas! it still weeped gasoline.
Cant find any reference to a new tank for a 1961 Lancer..but fro reading this thread there may be hope!
If a later model tank can be made to fit the car, or the car made to fit the tank..or a bit of both.
Or I just stay with fuel cell and lose my trunk space....Cell is vented and has rollover valve and sheet steel behind rear seat to try and cover the safety aspect as much as practicable.
If I can get this site up on my phone I can put a few pics of the Lancer up...its coming out quite good!
170, 3 on the floor, 2 door post....sprayed my own mix of "Indy-Go"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2021 5:33 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
60-61 a bodies have a different trunk floor than the 62-66 models.

Unfortunately the 63 tank(which fits 62's) will not easily retrofit without refitting a 62-66 trunk floor.

You can also research getting your tank restored.

Greg