Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:18 pm 
1 BBL (New)

Car Model: 1973 Dodge D100
I have a 1973 Dodge D100 pick up. With a 3.7L slant 6. I’m wanting to replace the carb, does anyone know what carb would fit? I’m wanting to stay with a 1 barrel but i can’t find the one that’s on it currently anywhere. Says it’s made by Elkton.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:55 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model: Slant Six M37
My guess would be ether a Carter BBS, or ether a Holley 1920, or 1945.... I do not know specifically what was installed at that time on trucks.

A post in the parts wanted section may produce results. I will have a 1945 for sale late spring or early summer. But I need it until the carb swap happens.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:22 pm 
Board Sponsor & Contributor

Car Model:
The original carburetor on a 1973 Dodge trucks with Slant-6 engine was a Carter BBS; one of five different ones depending on manual/automatic transmission, Federal/California emissions, and light/heavy duty rating. There are others that will fit and work to varying degrees. "Remanufactured" carburetors are usually a bad gamble; they're notorious for being junk. First prize would be a new, correct carburetor, but expect to pay big money for such an item half a century after the truck was built—and it will take patience to find such an item. Close second preference is a skillfully rebuilt (not the same as "remanufactured") carburetor; check with these people, a longtime reputable outfit whose website says they have a Carter 4956—that is a 1970 Dodge BBS carburetor that will fit and work well on your '73 without any missing hookups or different connections, etc.