Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:09 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:50 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model: 80 volare, 78 fury 2 dr, 85 D150
as title says. and the A/C hoses that are particular to a D150 with AC and a slant combo. Yeah I know the brackets arent aluminum, (the compressor itself is) but I want to specify that, vs brackets for the older V twin compressor.
If someone has a (complete) dash control head and/or a blend air door control cable or a vacuum hose harness for under the harness I could use those too.
*I think* I have a condenser out in the shed that will work, but just in case I'm gonna add that to my list, too.
1 more thing (please!!) a set of manifold mount washers for a slant. the triangle ones and the round spacers for the end studs.
truck is an 85 D150/// if it matters for compatibility,, the under dash components I just got, came from an 87 D150 that had factory AC..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:00 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Are you looking for oe. C-171 Compressor brackets or the custom ones that Charrlie (i think) made up for the sanden compressor?

Greg

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:05 am 
Turbo EFI

Either, at this point, but probably the stock C171. I have never seen a set of Charlie's version. so I dunno what difference(s) there (might) be between them.

I have the plenum with heater core and evap core plus all the dash tubing that goes with. I do have the lines but they are from a 318 truck, have some new ones for a slant on watch on fee bay, might actually have to see about getting some lines made especially if I go with a different compressor of some sort.
What I do have came from a "factory air conditioner" 87 D150 not an aftermarket deal.

Being as how you asked, which compressor takes less HP to run?

I don't have to be in a hurry, I'm quite a ways from swapping the plenum box out. Just acquiring parts, while the getting is good.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:16 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Don
I have two stock style C171 compressors
1) NOS from RA, stamped made in USA, worked for a year then started leaking at the front seal, has a now impossible to find slant six clutch on it
2) used compressor, came with some other parts, has been open for years, turns, not locked up.

Also have a set of D150 slant six used high and low pressure hoses, certainly the rubber parts are shot but the metal hose ends could be reused.
A set of dash vents for a mid 80's D150, the ones that fit into the dash, I may have some of the in dash ducting and other misc items left from when I put factory style AC on the 83 D150.

I am sure that I also have a set of triangle washers around here.

Make an offer.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:21 pm 
Turbo EFI

I'll have to get back to you on that, next time I'm out that way.... kinda low on priority list at the moment, I have lots other to get done on this truck, before I "have to" worry about AC parts..... but definitely interested.