Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:41 am

All times are UTC-08:00

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:50 am 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Does anyone know what happened to them.

Looks like the web site is half dead, and hardly anything is available to order. Phones don't work....ect. Ryan wanted a swap kit, and a wiper seal kit. I hadn't heard anything about them if they are still in business.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:28 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model: 1965 Plymouth Belvedere I
I thought I had heard that the owner was in poor health. It would be a shame if his items were no longer available. What sort of swap kit is Ryan looking for?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:45 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
I guess you need to do your homework and look to see what's going on? I know that's extremely hard for people to do and understand!!! READ!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:23 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model:
Rick Covalt wrote:
Does anyone know what happened to them.

Looks like the web site is half dead, and hardly anything is available to order. Phones don't work....ect. Ryan wanted a swap kit, and a wiper seal kit. I hadn't heard anything about them if they are still in business.

Looks like they are moving. Says phones are down, but to use e-mail.
mike@engine-swaps.com
The wiper seal kit can be had at Detroit Muscle Technologies
www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com

64 Valiant Signet
64 Valiant 4dr 170

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:35 am 
Board Sponsor & Contributor

Car Model:
69a100 wrote:
I guess you need to do your homework and look to see what's going on? I know that's extremely hard for people to do and understand!!! READ!!!!!!!

You know, in a way I'm glad ☝︎this☝︎happened; I'd hate to be known as the only guy on this site whose mouth runs away with his keyboard every nigh and then. :mrgreen: :lol: :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:50 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model: More than I should have...
I was just thinking the same thing... or not....

Drag Racing
Commentator/
Points Keeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:50 pm 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model: 68 Valiant
There was a thread on Moparts a while back. Supposedly Schumacher is giving it up. Age/health were the reasons given.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:11 pm 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Quote:

Well, just so you you know, when I go to someone's web site and it is still there, with no mention on any of the pages that I looked at, that they are out of business or anything else. What would you do? Oh, look on the internet you say?? Well I took a few minutes and searched about 3 or 4 different ways, and didn't see any mention of it. Now I will admit that I am not as smart as you(obviously) and certainly not as smart as Dan (obviously). But, I just thought maybe someone may have already had the answer to the simple question I asked. Obviously not. Maybe some of us just don't know where to go to read. I know that is true of me. And please let me know what all caps and 7 exclamation points mean? I thought it meant you were angry at me?? Pretty sure I haven't done anything to make you angry, but if I did just let me know what it was and I will apologize.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 7:42 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model: 72' Dart Swinger / 62' Valiant
Hey Matt, I was hoping to get a set of swap mounts for a 74 duster. It’s is a different kit than the earlier a bodies. I am swapping in an EFI 318 and OD automatic that I got from Rob in a Dakota swap deal lol. It’s the only time in my life that I have intentionally put a v8 in something. Fortunately a friend just welded up some custom mounts for me tonight and the engine is now sitting in the duster. Getting the transmission to fit should be fun too.

I had emailed Schumacher weeks ago and did not get a response. Dad tried calling (and we learned that was a no go) and now we’ve figured out they are unfortunately closed or possibly moving.

69a100 At what point did we decide its best to just be internet bullies and caps lock “yell” at each other as our first response? Did i accidentally log on to facebook instead of slantsix.org? As grown adults on a forum we gotta be able to use the backspace button before we flame people for no good reason. Dan even pointed it out :D (Thanks Dan). I know I’ve seen Dan go off on people in the past but I also know he has the best interest of the slant 6 community in mind and he normally has a valid reason. I’ve also seen Dan help more people than I can count and have had him answer my questions too.

69a100, I’ve not seen helpful posts from you lately, (maybe i missed them?). I’ve seen you insult people for multiple times for not “reading” , I’ve seen you insult people for “safety” for wearing wedding rings and I’ve seen you recently bashing a seller in the parts section for “not responding” when he clearly wrote he doesn’t check the forum much And put his phone number as the only way to contact him.

So, I thought maybe we didn’t search hard enough? So I Search “Schumacher” on this site. Nothing about them going out of business till this thread. I Search Schumacher’s website, nothing. I Search Google for “Schumacher Creative Services” again nothing about them going out of business. I Search “Schumacher creative services going out of business”. Then finally you will see a thread on forabodiesonly about it. All that to say it was completely uncalled for you to yell about “reading” or searching.

I know we can all get carried away from time to time and certain things get under our skin. I guess I’m just not ok with baseless insults and internet bashing on this site. If I wanted to read baseless attacks and uneducated nonsense, I would be on social media right now reading political garbage. :? Instead I’m gonna stay on this site and see what everyone’s been doing on their slants this week.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:32 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
Two generations of Covalt setting examples worthy of imitation.
Deep respect to you both 8)

"A mechanic is Somebody."
- Jim Preston

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:46 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model: 1965 Plymouth Belvedere I
No problem Ryan. I have a set of A body big block conversion mounts from Schumacher. I think they are small block to big block conversion mounts. And, hey-you gotta run a few V-8's to really appreciate a Slant 6.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:52 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model: 72' Dart Swinger / 62' Valiant
Matt, Yeah Whitney (my wife) had a duster with a stock 318 and it was a decent driver. The reason for this swap is the Duster I have now needed an engine and I had that truck I got from Rob, and I'm only selling the car anyway and figured a v8 with od transmission is worth more to sell than the slant 6.

Joe, we've been loving your car. It drives nice and handles good. I have the interior mostly finished and Dad was working on sealing up the cowl to keep rain out. We thought we might need the wiper seals from Schumacher but it doesn't look like it is leaking there so we may not need them anyway. Should be bringing your valiant to Knoxville for the race next week too!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:55 pm 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model: 68 Valiant
I saw confirmation on Moparts that Schumacher is indeed done. One of the members tried to buy him out, but couldn't agree on value. The owner just closed up shop instead.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 11:44 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 76 D100
Sorry to see another aftermarket house close down. The only time I ever dealt with Schumacher I called them and asked if they sold a kit to put a slant six on a V-8 A body k-frame. The person who answered the phone gave me a confused pause and then said, "Uh, no." I lost interest at that point.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:06 pm 
3 Deuce Webber

Car Model:
Maybe a deal was made?
https://www.engine-swaps.com/