Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Oct 08, 2026 9:43 am

All times are UTC-07:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:29 am 
Offline
EFI Slant 6

Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:16 am
Posts: 379
Location: Malaysia
Car Model:
Hi there

Im planning to restore my '66 dart 270 convertible and was wondering if this Shop Manual is the one you guys were talking about?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DODGE-19 ... 2382wt_939

Cheers

Syed

_________________
Cars: 1966 Dodge Dart 270 Convertible,
1990 Alfa 164 Twin Spark
1980 BMW 735i 5-speed

http://www.weddingcar4u.blogspot.com/


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:12 am 
Offline
Supercharged
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:25 pm
Posts: 5623
Location: Downeast Maine
Car Model:
That would be it.

But, personally I prefer a paper copy, books are much more user friendly than that digital stuff. Garage conditions, dirty hands, and computers don’t make for good bedfellows. One can flip through a book much easer than flub-dubbing around with a search function to locate that one little bit of information. Additionally as one flips through a manuscript a lot of information can be gleaned while looking for that one item.

Bill

_________________
67' Dart GT Convertible; the old Chrysler Corp.
82' LeBaron Convertible; the new Chrysler Corp
07' 300 C AWD; Now by Fiat, the old new Chrysler LLC

Image


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:51 pm 
Offline
3 Deuce Weber

Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:12 am
Posts: 95
Location: Sweden
Car Model:
I have to say that I also prefer paper manuals but I do keep a few on CD as it is nice to be able to print out a few pages and take them with you out in the garage and don't worry about messing them up.

You can get a new Detroit Iron CD manual for around $25 (RockAuto),
part number search "1966Dodge", these are scanned copies of an original Dodge work shop manual.


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:14 am 
Offline
EFI Slant 6
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 4:51 pm
Posts: 463
Car Model:
Quote:
I have to say that I also prefer paper manuals but I do keep a few on CD as it is nice to be able to print out a few pages and take them with you out in the garage and don't worry about messing them up.
That's what I'm talkin about!


Top
   
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:14 am 
Offline
EFI Slant 6

Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:16 am
Posts: 379
Location: Malaysia
Car Model:
Quote:
I have to say that I also prefer paper manuals but I do keep a few on CD as it is nice to be able to print out a few pages and take them with you out in the garage and don't worry about messing them up.

You can get a new Detroit Iron CD manual for around $25 (RockAuto),
part number search "1966Dodge", these are scanned copies of an original Dodge work shop manual.

Just bought the shop manual CD of Ebay... should get it in about 2 weeks...

_________________
Cars: 1966 Dodge Dart 270 Convertible,
1990 Alfa 164 Twin Spark
1980 BMW 735i 5-speed

http://www.weddingcar4u.blogspot.com/


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

All times are UTC-07:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited