Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 2:36 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 726 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:58 pm 
SSRN National Champion

Car Model:
we start getting social security checks in march that is my racing money. I have done scared one west coast driver. We are going to improve our race car with the parts we have and pull 200 more pounds off of it Rob I have everything I need to be a box car, transbrake delay box two step ect. I always said I would not do this unless Rodney Hargis did this. But we might rethink. What do you think Thanks Ron Parker :D :D

Aint no thing for me to toast a Bagel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:12 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model: More cars than sense...
Whatever you want to do is fine with me Ron! I'm just excited that you'll be racin' with us again! Seein' you Toast some Bagels is just icin' on the cake!

I haven't raced a Slant 6 since 2006, so I'll be learnin' pretty much from scratch.

The Challenger's got all them "Bamboozler" parts on it too. Norm showed 'em all to me, but it was all Greek to me! :lol:

We'll have to nudge James Jaggers to whip us up a couple nifty intakes and sets of headers fer good measure. What d'ya say? :wink:

What's your plan for removing another 200 pounds? Wait! :shock: Don't answer that here! We'll just keep our secrets to ourselves... :wink: You know how Bagel and Cookie are... :roll: :lol:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:29 pm 
SSRN National Champion

Car Model:
I doint know your plans but if it was me for next year I would put Gary Bruners engine in the Challenger and kick azz. Gary told me your engine he built for you has about 100 more horsepower than mine. I can beleve that my engine is about a 10 to 1 engine. Yours is a at least a 13 to 1 engine. The Challenger is at least 400 pounds less than my car. But I woint share secrets on how to go fast . We will keep this team Robs .
Thanks Ron Parker :D :D

Aint Nothing For Me To Toast Bagels

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:30 pm 
Poser

Car Model:
I knows how Mater can loose two hunert pounds. Exhale! Just let it all out. Hot air floats - so does some other things!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:44 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

That is the plan Ron!

The new engine Gary built is going into the Challenger and the first engine we built for the GodsRods Duster I is already in GodsRods Duster II. I can have it running with just a couple more hours at the garage.

I know, we'll recruit Norm to show us BOTH how to use them "Bamboozler" parts at the same time. :D

(Did I tell you it was good to see you posting again... :wink: :D )

***BREAK***

Cookie,.... YOU float! :shock: :P

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:50 pm 
SSRN National Champion

Car Model:
You got it Boss
Were going racing next year and we are trying for a second national championship. Thanks Ron :D :D

Aint Nothing For Me To Toast A Bagel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:17 pm 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model: 68 Valiant
Possum, before you go filling Mater's head up with boxes and brakes you may want to get him a car that actually runs first. Make the car more complicated than turning the key and he'll be lost. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:07 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Quote:
Make the car more complicated than turning the key and he'll be lost. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It ain't quite THAT bad. :shock: It may not be far off, but still... :oops: :lol:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:07 pm 
SSRN National Champion

Car Model:
Lets see what happens next year. I aint no rookie at this Slant Six Racing.
So next year I will see who wants to beat my azz . I got the car I got the team and I am the driver. How bout them dawgs. Ron Parker :D

It Aint Over Until I Win

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:33 pm 
Site Admin

Car Model: 2023 Eichman Digger?
Don't you pay them no never-mind 'Mater. You'll do fine as long as you can understand Ron! :lol: (I need one of those translator fellas most of the time.) Living in the Ozarks your own self, that shouldn't be no problem though.
(I used a translator program to write the above. Went for the backwoods-lite version so I could understand it.)

What are you doing on the computer? Get your skinny rump back out to the shop! :shock: :lol: There's cars to build! :wink:

CJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:40 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Oh I can understand Ron purdy good sein' as how I lived down in Jawja fer a couple years. :wink:

There's a little difference 'tween here and there, but we'll Git R Dun! :D

(That's one of the advantages of moving all over the place with the Army. You gotta be a quick study in the different accents, dialects, slangs... :D )

I ain't done nothin' at the garage fer a few days 'cept runnin' over there to git a Slant 6 head fer Bobby Rogers yestiday.

I was hopin' to git some time today to do some fiddlin', but it ain't lookin' like that's gonna happen.

I'll git over there again purdy soon though. I'm purdy sure I'll git my junk runnin' 'fore Bagel learns Cookie up enough to git anything dun... :wink:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:38 am 

Hey, if you see Bobby again ask him if he still has the Clifford valve cover he owes me. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:00 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Well, if mem'ry serves correctly he was runnin' a purdy nice lookin' valve cover at Clay City this year... :shock: :lol:

I'll ask him 'bout it next time we meet up. He said he'd be interested in goin' on a Road Trip with me down to Jawja to pick up the rest of the parts and that 55 gallons of "shine" that Norm's got waitin' fer me.

Unlike Cookie, I think Bobby will actually go with me! :D

He seems to like drivin' around and he's retarred, so he's got some time to do that sorta thing. :wink:

I may have found me a travellin' pardner! :D

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Last edited by Rob Simmons on Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:24 pm 

I traded Bobby a new Offy valve cover for a Clifford that was on that wagon he had. I was going to pick it up at a Clay City event, but we never got together.

Bobby is good people. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:48 pm 
Poser

Car Model:
Big D, went by A & A and picked up front and rear 904 seals. It is sooo nice to grab and go with a promise of cash in a couple of days! Known Rick for almost 30 years.

Prolly just bringin the one oil pan as my other is off an A-100 and is huge - don't think that one will fly. Also bringin' one of those nice graphite intake gaskets. Let me know if you need a can of crushed tomatoes or possum road kill - be glad ta bring that as well.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous 13 4 5 6 726 Next