Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 4:41 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 926 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:24 am 
Site Admin

Car Model: 2023 Eichman Digger?
Your thinking of my place Sandy.

Linda's Metro engine is in the machine shop. Fopar and I tore it down yesterday. The headbolts were a pain in the butt, but the rest of it was easy.
She should get her car sometime around next weekend, assuming all goes well. I'm ready to be off the "Cheerio" diet.

The G10 Suzuki is tiny!
Think of it as a 1 litre slant three. :lol:

CJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:49 am 
Poser

Car Model:
The beer came later.....Sun King Cream Ale ....ummmm. And Co-cola and this and co-cola and that and my ears are ringin' got in a three am. Slowly lettin' the coffee soak into my brain. But let me back up.......

DadTruck and I loaded up the truck (think Beverly Hillbillies) headed north took a left at Purdue U. - trucked on through the land of windmills and arrived at Big D's House of Speed mid-morning.

Zilla's place is filled with all kinds interesting curiosities - Chrysler this that and the other - throw in a couple of Buicks and his fathers vintage tractor (very cool). DT have a great time just wandering around taking it all in!

Big D and I prepped the Piggie for engine removal and got my engine ready on the stand for an oil pan transplant. Under Zilla's constsnt supervision I think this rookie/cookie poser extreme did okay. I say this because he did not throw anything and did not yell, "Just git the hell back!"

Lunch at Monicals Pizza - this stuff is incredible! Ultra thin crust - very tasty! Next pie is on me Mr.D!

Got to meet several of Zilla's buds and see their playtoys - Patricks purple chopper is killer.

The Tuna is really shaping up and will definately put those southern boys in their place!

Drove home unloaded an engine - if my wife asks all that crap I hauled home belongs to DT. Changed clothes went to see Unknown Hinson - King of the Country Western Troubadors! Incredibly funny show and he is quite the guitarist.

Next steps - getting a tire mounted for the front - getting a 66 pan and pick up tube from DT - and beating the bushes for an 8 3/4 housing or complete rear diff for an A body.

Again big big thanks to Good ole Boy Zilla ( he explained exactly how one qualifies on this) for the Lil Red Piggie and all his help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:18 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Sounds great! Let me know if I can help with parts or more intense razzing. Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:12 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model: More cars than sense...
Quote:
Lunch at Monicals Pizza - Next pie is on me Mr.D!
:roll: :roll:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:14 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Quote:
**** the last photo is dedicated by wv to rs

regards
DT
Yeah,... That's probably the only way you'll get that thing to run... (Add some 'Mater juice to it! :wink: :lol: )

I'm glad you had a good trip and made some progress.

I was kinda sweatin' it that Cookie or Bagel would post that the car was running and ready to race! :shock:

I got ZERO Slant 6 stuff done this weekend. Although I did go look at and test drive a very nice 44K mile '61 Lancer on Saturday. I told the folks selling it I would post a link to their Craigslist add here. :wink:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:21 am 

Car Model: 68 Valiant
Don't worry Rob, we got plenty of time. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:59 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

And I thought it was a little inconvenient to have my little 2 car garage 5 whole miles from home. :roll: :lol:

So, when is the next trip planned for? Did Cookie try to play any Rush music while he was there? :shock:

I can't believe he didn't even buy you lunch! Yeesh! :lol:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:21 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
as one would expect SZ has good music taste,, 1st hr was classic Christmas jingles,, OK with me as it is the season,
then switched to some real rock,, the only Rush song that is played any more is the one about the Maples and the Oaks,, heard that at least twice,,,Working Man would have been appropriate and should get more play.
Personally when I want to hear banging music,, I'll go for Humble Pie. Which you never hear on broadcast radio anymore. And speaking of the pie,, wasn't Beggars,, was still pretty good..

and,,, first time I had seen the Red valiant,, its a honker,, will be a neat car to start and stay with,, ton's of potential. One could take it any of several different directions and end up very pleased.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:00 pm 

Rob, I'd even buy lunch if you showed up. (And you're always welcome to join in) :D

John, unfortunately music choice in that area is severely limited. We were lucky 105.9 was coming in that day. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:03 pm 
Poser

Car Model:
Lou, thank you for your constant offers of help! Trying to beat the bushes for an 8 3/4 housing for an A body.

Hey Mater boy - I tried for the bill on the pizza and Big D refused. He is bigger than I am so I didn't push it. NEXT one will be on me period! We are not talking fried green maters here Bubs!

DT is right a couple of Rush tunes did come on the radio and I made sure to point em out! DT, 30 Days in the Hole is great!!!

Can't wait for the next trip - Depends on Zilla's schedule and the temps/weather.

Mater you best be sweatin' it - won't be long! However I heard that you like sweatin' it to the oldies - you related to that guy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:25 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:40 am 
Poser

Car Model:
Yep, I think Richard Simmons and Rob Simmons may be related. Now I know why Rob keeps his hair so short! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post script - Zilla is a cut throat! Glad he is on my side! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 5:51 am 

Wayne, until you mentioned it yesterday I never even had a clue Rob and Richard were related. :lol:

Post subject: No relation, but... :-)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:42 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

No relation to Richard, but Gene and I are second cousins... :P

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:26 am 
Poser

Car Model:
Nope, I think that the Mater has Richards eyes.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 926 Next