Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:59 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: wheel alignment..
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:52 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
My kind of wheel alignment is breaking out the chalk line, measuring tape and bubble level. Lol

Post subject: Dart Sold...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:24 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Sold the Dart this past weekend. Thought it was cool the buyer drove and old Sweptline.. '71 I think...

Image[/img]

, 71 Valiant S6, 72 Dart 4dr 318, 71 Demon S6, 70 Roadrunner 440, & 55 Dodge pickup

Post subject: Road wander fixed!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:03 pm 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Amazing what a power steering pump will do for ya! I'd measured the track width and the rear tires are only 1/2" wider than the front so I don't think that was causing me problems. Went to the junkyard and of course I didn't see any slant cars so I pulled a PS pump off a 80's slant D100 truck. Got it home and it wouldn't fit (hit k member above strut rod). To fix the fit issue, you can see in the pic that I basically moved the pump up to the upper hole on the bracket and used a cut alternator brace. I elongated the engine pump bracket holes and moved the pump about 1/4" forward (about all it needed). Used a 43" belt (napa 7430) and it works like a champ! I did use my original high pressure hose. Maybe the truck hose will work.... You can see that the pump is slanted toward the engine but the pic makes it look ALOT worse than it really is. It doesn't leak or the level change doesn't expose the inner pump.
I was all over the road in the first half mile getting used to power steering again. All the steering wheel slack is gone and it doesn't wander at all now. Woo hoo! I can take some curves with those tires indeed! MPG is down to 25-26 since I'm driving a lil faster now... :) Smiles per Gallon....

, 71 Valiant S6, 72 Dart 4dr 318, 71 Demon S6, 70 Roadrunner 440, & 55 Dodge pickup

Post subject: Been awhile..
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:45 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Hey, all. It's been awhile since I posted. In this case, no news is good news! Car's still driving great. I did put the radiator back in the front (where it belongs). I didn't notice any difference in temps, warmup times, & etc when moving it forward... 4 spd is holding up well with the bearing I rigged to fix the mainshaft (8,000 miles & counting). Now, I'm considering driving the Demon home for Christmas (1000 miles one way!). Everybody I talk to responds to the Slant Six "Can't kill it". I'm starting to believe it as I drive 65-70mph regularly and it just keeps on rolling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:26 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Enjoy the drive...

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:54 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Sweet ride. 8)

Post subject: Demon Rear ended... :(
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:18 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Hey, all. I drove the Demon down to Mississippi for the holidays (2200 miles) round trip). Great trip there and back. No mechanical issues, thank the lord... But, on the way back in SC, this dummy runs up on me in a little Chevy Cobalt and just runs into the back of my car.. Imagine being rear ended going 65 mph down the interstate?! I just kept it straight and slowed down.. Says he didn't see me (11pm), I think he was nodding off at the wheel or texting while driving.. Whatever, cop shows up, my bumper is a lil jacked up and the rear panel is pushed in some. Lights work and he says they're plenty bright... He's at fault and I'm able to drive home! Don't make them like they used to because his car's hood was bowed up, radiator and A/C lines busted and leaking everywhere, both headlights busted out.

Bad news! I drop the car off yesterday and one look from the Insurance guy and "Oh, ya, that'll total the car" came out of his mouth. And, it's hard to get your car back from North Carolina if it's declared totalled... I was like WTF!!! Salvage title, blah blah.. Ain't happening. I have a rental in the meantime (Dodge Caliber) and if they decide to total the Demon, I'll refuse the repair, get my lil piddly check and fix it myself....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:23 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
dont let them total it ...that is not that bad of repair

Post subject: All good...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:13 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
I've sourced the parts, bumper and back panel for about $600. The insurance company is offering me $1900.. I'm taking the money and running with; fix it myself. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:04 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
just noticed you a serviceman....THANK YOU AND WELCOME HOME

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:59 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
wow! car looks great! my van i rustoleum white! cant beat it for the money!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:54 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
A few questions.

Are you running wheel adapters? If so, careful hitting the twisties hard.

A truck 833OD has a different place for the shifter mount. Did you have to modify the linkage? Do you have a factory 4 speed hump?

I have never heard of putting an E body rear in an A. I have one. I got a deal on it so I bought it. Anything with an E attached is big bucks :roll:

I bought a '66 B body that can drop in.

I have a set of 6 spoke Mustang wheels that I heard once I do a disc big bolt conversion with factory parts will be good with the wheels. The discs are suppossed to kick the wheels out. I forget if they are 16 or 17. I think 16.

I also have some 15x7 grey spoke factory Jeep wheels.

Love your car!

'72 Duster 198 stock cam, 3:23's Hookers on jack stands for 8 years in the driveway
'79 Maxivan 360 Offy Qjet Comp RV cam/rusting in the driveway.
93 D350 160HP Cummins Auto :-( Dually Clubcab needs a injector pump
2005 Golden Couch Buick

Post subject: Howdy Rug
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:17 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Wheel adapters.. only in the front 1.3" thick off of ebay.. sure you can still get them. 5x4 to 5x114.3(4.5")...

Truck 833OD.. I hacked the tunnel and brace then rewelded the brace aft of the shifter. It wasn't the prettiest job but works.. No linkage modification needed.... I used the truck shifter and it's pretty tall.. Third gear will brush the stick up against the side of the ash tray and I can push the stick to the stop and it'll hit the dash slightly..

E body rear.. I know it's been done, seen threads on it.. the dakota rear put the wheels close to the fender well lips so I rolled/trimmed the fenders just be safe. I just don't like a wheel (like any puny steelie) that sits deep in the wheel well. I don't even look at E body stuff for just that reason...

B-body rear.. I know that's been done as well. I think I'd posted some axle to axle widths.. If you find a rim you like, let me know and I can do the math on if it'll fit.. 6 spoke mustang wheels.. I'll look those up.. I did the Scarebird rear disc conversion on my Roadrunner and had to put in a proportioning valve as it was locking the rears way early..

Thanks for the love. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:18 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
Nice Van! I've had the best luck with the gloss white! Looking good, Vanner.. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:20 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
6 spoke Mustang as in 3 groups of 2 spokes.

www,bigblockdart.com has a archived thread on how to swap a truck unit and linkage into an A body.

'72 Duster 198 stock cam, 3:23's Hookers on jack stands for 8 years in the driveway
'79 Maxivan 360 Offy Qjet Comp RV cam/rusting in the driveway.
93 D350 160HP Cummins Auto :-( Dually Clubcab needs a injector pump
2005 Golden Couch Buick

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next