Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Mon Oct 07, 2024 12:23 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Proline Dual Weber Kit
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:10 pm 
Site Admin

Car Model: 2023 Eichman Digger?
I've been studying all the Natural Aspirated options out there. Lynx doesn't seem to be manufacturing the Dellorto Intakes at the moment, and I would prefer not to go with the Injection/Turbo route. A lack of faith in my fabrication skills makes me hesitant.

DD, what did you have to do to install the Dual Webers on your Convertible? Congrats by the way! :D
Did you use the cable kick down, or make your own linkage?

Any other input?

Thanks!

CJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:30 am 
Guru

Car Model: Many Darts and a Dacuda
The Proline set-up goes on easy, it is as simple as a manifold swap.
I did have to make-up 3 pieces of linkage, a throttle cable holding bracket, a kickdown rod and a special lever for the rear carb.
Yes, I have welding equipment and made all 3 of these pieces in about 1 hour.
Here is a link to a directory of photos I shot when I did the swap, there are some good photos of the special linkage pieces I made.
http://www.dutra.org/doug/draft-webpages/pro-line/
DD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:52 am 
Site Admin

Car Model: 2023 Eichman Digger?
Great step-by-step DD! :D

It looks like there is clearance for both my New casting Dutra Duals, will I have problems with fuel dropping out in the manifold? Longer warm-up consideration might be in order. (I wait for the choke to turn off anyway.)

Any plans to mock-up one of these set-ups with the New castings front and rear? I'll have to depend on a exhaust shop to fab the Y-Pipes.
Don't have that nice of a shop. :oops:

There was a pic of Vacuum advances toward the end. Didn't know the significance. Will I need a different one to operate with one of the Offy dual carbs?

I may just pull the MSD-6A off my Flat Bed for service here, and leave the point ignition in. Points last just a little longer than forever with it.

Has anyone tried the Crane HI-6S Multi-Spark Ignition out? How does it perform as compared to the MSD? It's certainly less expensive. I've got an electronic distributor for the 225 that could be used with it.

Thanks!

CJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 10:27 am 
Guru

Car Model:
Quote:
Great step-by-step...
There was a pic of Vacuum advances toward the end. Didn't know the significance. Will I need a different one to operate with one of the Offy dual carbs?
I will put together a web page on this installation once I get back from Las Vegas, that will give me the final test data I need for the story.

As for the vacuum pods, the picture shows the adjustable vs non-adjustable pods. I ended-up switching to an adustable vacuum advance pod in order to get the V.A. "pull-in" to work right. The Webers seem to have a strong ported vacuum signel aand wants to pull in vacuum advance at idle. I was able to fix that with the adjustable pod.
DD

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 12:31 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Quote:
The Webers seem to have a strong ported vacuum signel aand wants to pull in vacuum advance at idle. I was able to fix that with the adjustable pod

i'm about the help break in a new mill and he's said the same thing about the webers too....he's locked out the vac. advance, but I think it'd be helpful when he uses the car for daily driving/mileage vs. performance...

-D.Idiot