Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:28 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:31 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model: '67 Plymouth Fury I
Buick wrote:
Greetings and thanks for sharing. Granted you're not in the states, but you might be interested in this tee. :D

https://luckys-stuff.myshopify.com/coll ... fury-wagon

Can't wait for the summer to start with such a shirt!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:38 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

FrankRaso wrote:
Welcome to the forum! That's a nice ride you have there.

If I understand your post correctly, your Fury is currently running only on LPG. Can you tell us more about the fuel system and any modifications to the engine?

If it's still using the points ignition system, I would recommend that you upgrade to an HEI ignition system at the very least. If it's dual-fuel, it would be a good idea to have an ignition controller with 2 ignition curves as Charlie_S suggested. If it's mono-fuel, you just need to optimize ignition advance for LPG.

Indeed, the car now runs on LPG & gasoline. Nothing has been adjusted, everything else is still stock, including the points ignition.

I would like to make some efficient modifications to the engine and other components. The HEI conversion is a no-brainer and I will start doing that soon. The cylinder head is the second thing on my list. I would like to explore with you guys what to do, how to do it, what components to use & what are the do's and dont's. I will use all info to create a solid plan for the local machineshop here in the Netherlands. It's my feeling they need such a plan, because it's not their daily business doing slant six'es.

If the cylinder head is finished, I would like to upgrade the intake/header/exhaust/mixer. No problem to make the car single fuel, LPG in this case.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:04 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Would any of you guys know a machine shop (you would recommend) who could do the job?

That is, delivering a "performance" 225 slant six cylinder head? I could buy a cylinder head in the USA, have it delivered to such a machine shop, have it modified, and send it to Europe. It would be not so much fun, but could save me a lot of worries whether a local machine shop here can do it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:31 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
I don't have any advice about getting a performance cylinder head. Dr Dodge might be able to fix you up with one.

As for your LPG system, it is a lot easier to optimize your ignition timing for LPG-only but, since your car is already dual fuel, you might want to consider leaving the fuel system alone.
See Dual Fuel Advance Curve

One the members here used a MegaJolt ignition system for his LPG truck. Search for 65CrewCabPW's posts.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:48 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model: 1964 Valiant
I like the '65 to '68 Fury wagons. They look great.