Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 513 posts ]  Go to page Previous 125 26 27 28 2935 Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:15 am 
Supercharged

Car Model: 64 Plymouth Valiant
Lock washers won't work.

I double nut my exhaust pipe connections too.

I also don't have flat connections with the flanges. I weld up the flanges so the leading pipe goes thru its flange and into trailing flange when you connect things up. Keeps things aligned and prevents gasket blowout.

8)

Post subject: 12/16/21
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:41 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
12/16/21:

Have been slowly working on some small bits.
I removed the Headlight Switch / Wiper Switch Dash Bezel..I made a Proper Tool to get the wiper and headlight Switch Lock nuts off. I painted the Dash Bezel a year or 2 back and it originally looked like this piece too.

It is kind of a cool and somewhat more scarce piece as most '63-'64 darts that I have seen (especially GT's) Had the pushbutton with the buttons and Park lever where this big gray Block off plate is.

Before:
All that groovy '60's Chrysler chromed plastic was faded away into a smokey yellow hue that just looks dated and old.

So like many other bits inside and out on the car - Satin black to the rescue!
It's not perfect, but I am the one who will see it the most and I can live with it.

'Till next time!

Greg

Last edited by Greg Ondayko on Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: 1/9/21
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:49 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
1/9/21:
Here is a blast form the Past.

Found this Picture from the Day I Picked up the car from my dear friend's house in NC... He Gracisouly Picked up and Hauled the Dart to his house from Southern Georgia and Stored if for a few months for me.
It was an October hurricane weekend, and There was rain all day.. But this is how the Grüne Hölle project started life with me... getting towed up the mountain on the open trailer with 'Ol Blue.
I have Plans to work on and upgrade the car this winter but have been getting sidetracked by other small projects and "deals".
I did get the Painted Wiper/Washer and Headlight Switch bezel plate installed.

Hope to get back to it soon.

Last edited by Greg Ondayko on Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:40 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Nice memories. Thanks for sharing.

Lou

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:15 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Dart270 wrote:
Nice memories. Thanks for sharing.

Lou

You Betcha'

Found some new PA Twisty Routes (look at the favorite driving roads post) for the next time you are in town with some svelte slant 6 A body.

On Saturday I towed up and down the newfound route with 'Ol Blue and a new blue car on the trailer.. It will be more fun with Grüne Hölle.

Greg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:22 am 

Car Model:
Look forward to making new memories with svelte /6 cars...

Lou

Post subject: 2/10/22
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:04 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
2/10/22:

It was above freezing Last Night for a few hours so I went to the garage to get a few things done.

The Headlight / Wiper Switch bezel / Plate had been installed a while back - It came out quite nice:

Since I had the car on the rack........ New Tires for the Road Wheels - Mounted and Balanced.

While it was up on the rack, Clean the calipers and install some new pads - Hope to make a TNiA or HDPE day this year.
EBC Blue Stuff on the Corvette C5 Form Factor pads means I can play with all sorts of compound s from EBC, DBA, Porterfield, Hawk and others.
The Lang Tools 279 Caliper Press came in handy, All my other old Mopars Can get by with an old c Clamp.

Those Porsche 997 Gt3 Brake Ducts look right at home on the sway bar!

Maybe I will get a Trailer Hitch Fabbed up soon as well!

Till next time.

Last edited by Greg Ondayko on Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:18 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model: More cars than sense...
Quote:

That is really cool! How did you discover those?... They would be a good addition for ToadRacer.

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 8:15 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Rob Simmons wrote:
Quote:

That is really cool! How did you discover those?... They would be a good addition for ToadRacer.

Hi Rob, Yes they are apt for the Toadracer.. Told you I have been studying.....
Maybe I will get us a Set Before April... :wink: :wink:
From Grassroots Motorsports...The Hive of Knowledge Over at GRM is a great thing..
https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum ... 840/page1/

Super Cheap too.

Grüne Hölle May get Beskopke Brake ducts someday but for now... these are awesome..
I did't even hafta use zip ties .. yet. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Greg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 9:40 am 

Car Model:
Dang, nice ducts! I found I was unable to fade the brakes on the 64 Dart (11.75 rotors with dynalites) even on pretty fast tracks, so I never bothered. However, maybe you will end up with more HP and your car is heavier...

Lou

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 11:09 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Dart270 wrote:
Dang, nice ducts! I found I was unable to fade the brakes on the 64 Dart (11.75 rotors with dynalites) even on pretty fast tracks, so I never bothered. However, maybe you will end up with more HP and your car is heavier...

Lou

I may never need those ducts, but I like the Idea of them and the most I worked the brakes was on the back of the dragon, the rears start to make noise, but never faded yet that I could feel.
What pads did / do you run on the dynalites?

Your car is / was surely lighter, as I still have the sunvisors and heater in my car.
What did it weigh?

I do have the 'glass Hood which should remove almost 35-40# from the front.

Greg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2022 12:36 pm 

Car Model:
Probably 100-250 lbs lighter depending on config. Ranged from 2880-2980 w/driver and 18 gals fuel over the years. Have used "E" and BP-10 pads and maybe "K", IIRC. You lose pretty close to 50 lbs w/hood if you drop hinges and tbars. Cast crk motor drops 40 lbs. Just ran rear seat over last few years of running and that is 60+ lbs.

Lou

Post subject: 2/14/22
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:42 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
2/14/22:

I was able to get some more work done on the car over the weekend.

I Ordered some Sparco R100 Street Seats - They are affordable and have Provisions for Head and Helmet support, Belt Holes as well as side bolsters to support you in the corners a bit. I am sure they are not the best seat but they are good upgrade from the stock seats at this point, which were heavy, high and dropping webbing and foam all of the time.

There are not any ready Made Bolt in Siding Seat Brackets that I could find for the '63-'66 A Body MoPars.. so I bought a Corbeau Seat Bracket/ Slider for the '67-'76 A Body. It of course did not fit but with a bit of Tab relocating / Welding and other typical hotroddery I was able to Fit the Sparco Seat to the Corbaeu Sliders and Fit the Sider / Bracket to the Floor of the car.

Welding and fitting to make the bracket fit this car:

Sparco's have a wider track for the sliders than the Corbeau's so I added some Oversized tube and sleeved / welded the seat adjuster handle.

Lots of test fitting to fit a floorboard with goofy stock mounting points and reinforcement plates not underneath the bracket I was adding.

All Painted up..

Started Working on the Harness Bar for the Shoulder Belts.
The Piece Below the quarter window on the '64 Dart is metal, not trim, not removable.. It;s Part of the unibody Structure, so Harness bar will get welded to it.

'Till next time,
Greg

Last edited by Greg Ondayko on Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: 2/18/22
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:15 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
2/18/22:

Got Some more fab work done
Hole Sawed the Right side of the Metal Unibody Panel under the 1/4 window for the removable harness bar.

I Welded in the abutment for the Right side of the bar...Protected all of the glass and soft surfaces with welding blankets or cardboard and tape.

Made a few More little spark/spatter shields during the welding process. I know there are actual products out there for this kind of work, but recycling stuff from the cardboard trash bin with a bit of tape here and there was quicker and possibly somewhat easier as I am not sure what to even look for when it comes to auto body welding shield wrapping materials. Also who can argue with giving some cardboard 2 or 3 uses before going into the bin? I like to use it for lots of stuff.

One Sparco seat installed. - Harness Bar mocked up for length, New Belts with camlocks installed. Still need to Hack up a New Corbeau Seat Frame and slider set for the driver's side. (note to self.. the Driver's Side seems to have more area to work with due to the offset of the trans and driveshaft hump).

Greg

Last edited by Greg Ondayko on Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: 2-24-22
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:50 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
2-24-22:

Got the Interior all buttoned up. The Car feels really tight with the new Seats, safety Harnesses and Tires. Found some local twisty Roads and have been breaking in the New EBC Bluestuff Front Pads.

The bottom and side bolsters really cradle you and provide a lot of support during conering, compared to the stock , low, heavy, wide OE seats from 1964.

Next up Should be the trailer hitch install or the fiberglass hood, with aluminum hinges. - Hope to get one or the other done before my April Roadtrip.

Last edited by Greg Ondayko on Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 513 posts ]  Go to page Previous 125 26 27 28 2935 Next