Slant Six Forum
https://slantsix.org/forum/

DETAILS and ROLL CALL - Slant 6 Reunion Race and Seymour Pederson Memorial - Sept 18-20, 2026
https://slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68603
Page 15 of 16

Author:  Rob Simmons [ Sun Sep 20, 2026 12:14 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DETAILS and ROLL CALL - Slant 6 Reunion Race and Seymour Pederson Memorial - Sept 18-20, 2026

Quote:
Video of the races and cars?
Fred posted some on the Slant Six Performance Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/19b7WEtr8D/

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/19aTdEYD1J/

Author:  Greg Ondayko [ Sun Sep 20, 2026 1:41 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DETAILS and ROLL CALL - Slant 6 Reunion Race and Seymour Pederson Memorial - Sept 18-20, 2026

Quote:
Quote:
Video of the races and cars?
Fred posted some on the Slant Six Performance Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/19b7WEtr8D/

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/19aTdEYD1J/
Nice media there.
Thanks for sharing.

Author:  MadScientistMatt [ Sun Sep 20, 2026 2:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DETAILS and ROLL CALL - Slant 6 Reunion Race and Seymour Pederson Memorial - Sept 18-20, 2026

I'm sorry I couldn't make it this year. Sounds like it was a great event!

Author:  Greg Ondayko [ Mon Sep 21, 2026 6:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DETAILS and ROLL CALL - Slant 6 Reunion Race and Seymour Pederson Memorial - Sept 18-20, 2026

I have some more pictures and video to post.
Will do so when I have time and have gotten all dried out from travel.

Good to see and meet everyone!


Greg

Author:  Rick Covalt [ Mon Sep 21, 2026 6:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DETAILS and ROLL CALL - Slant 6 Reunion Race and Seymour Pederson Memorial - Sept 18-20, 2026

Andrew and I made it home last evening at @ 5:00pm. totally uneventful journey, which was good! :D

Author:  Greg Ondayko [ Mon Sep 21, 2026 8:16 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DETAILS and ROLL CALL - Slant 6 Reunion Race and Seymour Pederson Memorial - Sept 18-20, 2026

Quote:
Andrew and I made it home last evening at @ 5:00pm. totally uneventful journey, which was good! :D
Did you have to drive through Hours of rain in WV?

Good about the eneventfulness of your trip!

Author:  slantzilla [ Mon Sep 21, 2026 9:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DETAILS and ROLL CALL - Slant 6 Reunion Race and Seymour Pederson Memorial - Sept 18-20, 2026

We followed Stan and Deb (unplanned) out of Winchester to the 64/75 split. Beautiful weather, no traffic jams all the way until we got about 10 miles from my shop and hit rain. Took Amy home and came back and unloaded the car. Got home around 6.

I was disappointed I never got to run Rick heads-up. I did run Stan and for some reason my transbrake wouldn't hold. He was going to well outrun me anyway, which was cool. I tried the brake multiple times on the return road and it worked. It didn't work again in the 1st and 2nd rounds, so I just loaded up. I predicted before I unloaded the car Friday that I'd be amazed if it ran 13:30 in those conditions, and it went 13:29.

The high point for me was when a young guy with a little girl about my grand daughter's age were looking the car over and she was just amazed by it. I had him sit her in it and take a picture and she had a smile a foot wide.

Lou did an outstanding job with Seymour's memorial. Thanks Lou!

Thank you to Rob for setting things up and to Stan for his tireless promotion on FaceBook.

Thank you to all who came to race and just hang out. As usual it was the people and the cars that made it great.

I very much appreciated the donations for the track rental and really tried to spread it around. Thank you all!

Please, if we do another one, find another track. I am just done with Clay City. Way too much drama and bullshirt.

Lastly, my car is supposedly sold. I'll be happy if it sells, I'll be happy if it doesn't. In the meantime I am already gathering parts to do something with my fabulous 78 Volare since I don't seem to be able to give it away. :mrgreen:

Author:  volaredon [ Mon Sep 21, 2026 10:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DETAILS and ROLL CALL - Slant 6 Reunion Race and Seymour Pederson Memorial - Sept 18-20, 2026

Id be more interested if I didn't already have an 80 model of that same car (same color even) blown apart for too many years already that I can't seem to get back to work on, and a truck also in pieces that im actually working on as much as possible but just had the body work phase blow up in my face spectacularly (took it in sandblasted bare and gave a pretty heavy deposit to a well recommended shop and 6 months later we get a bad hailstorm, and the guy puts everyone else who came in after me ahead of me in line... I've been asked to get it outta there and he'd give me the deposit back .. my frame is done and ready to accept the body but a year later i the body is in still bare metal/ and I've been requested to come get it outta there ASAP as he's a year behind in hail repairs.....I have places I can stash it short term while I find a real body shop but its gotta be short term. I could see alot of myself in the description of someone who was talked about at the pizza place on Saturday, but I never met, I gotta make heads or tails with these 2 projects before I take on another. (Id like to have that car you mentioned... But I can't make it 3 projects...
I often wish I had just gotten my volare runnin and drivin instead of blowing it apart.
You guys are probably the only ones that would understand all the parts Ive bought and bought and bought for both it and my truck only to have them both still blown apart...

I do have 3... My other truck that does have its /6 still there (and will keep it)
That's probably the closest to being able to finish and drive. The body is still on the frame but the cab is gutted for seam resealing and adding of factory ac... So that volare of yours would actually make 4 for me.
I finally just got a report this morning from the machine shop about my engine for the blown apart truck... Now how long before any machine work actually happens there....
The truck you saw me in this weekend was bought because of the interruptions in progress on my 3/4 ton and I hate that truck and it isn't because of the hemi which is my first of those... The wife mostly drives that... I don't want it
Way too much electronics gadgets and computer control for my liking. I like timing lights vacuum gauges and screwdrivers.

Author:  volaredon [ Mon Sep 21, 2026 10:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DETAILS and ROLL CALL - Slant 6 Reunion Race and Seymour Pederson Memorial - Sept 18-20, 2026

I have a pretty good sized box in the living room of parts mostly for the truck (though there are some duplicates in that box) and I keep telling Donna that the box will dwindle and go away as I progress with the truck which it has but it somehow keeps getting replenished....

Author:  Rick Covalt [ Mon Sep 21, 2026 11:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DETAILS and ROLL CALL - Slant 6 Reunion Race and Seymour Pederson Memorial - Sept 18-20, 2026

Quote:
Did you have to drive through Hours of rain in WV?
We had a little drizzle here and there but dried out the further north we went!

If anyone got a video of the final that Greg and I ran I would be interested in getting a copy. Going to try and figure why the car was acting wonky all weekend. Thanks

Author:  Badvert65 [ Mon Sep 21, 2026 5:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DETAILS and ROLL CALL - Slant 6 Reunion Race and Seymour Pederson Memorial - Sept 18-20, 2026

My Scamp is so boringly stock that expectations were low. But…I still had a great time. The car, in true slant six fashion, didn’t miss a beat all weekend. I made a total of 7 passes and thoroughly enjoyed myself. When I wasn’t actually racing, I had a great time bench racing with so many of guys at the event. Now, not everything went smoothly at the event, but overall it was a great time thanks to the many slanters attending. I think that is the key to a successful event, the attendees making the most of whatever happens. And so, this was such a fun weekend that I will not soon forget.
With this event behind us now, I sincerely hope we can do this again soon. Not necessarily this year, but definitely for next year.

Author:  Greg Ondayko [ Tue Sep 22, 2026 4:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DETAILS and ROLL CALL - Slant 6 Reunion Race and Seymour Pederson Memorial - Sept 18-20, 2026

9-22 Photo Dump..

Some of these are mine, and many are from the Track Media Team that posted on Facebook.

Image20260918_183323 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260918_183319 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260918_183300 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260918_183230 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260918_183227 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260918_183222 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260918_183215 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260918_183210 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260918_183150 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260918_183143 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260918_183133 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260918_183122 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260918_183110 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260918_183103 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260918_183057 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260918_183043 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260918_183036 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260918_183025 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260918_183008 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260918_183000 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260918_182954 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260918_182846 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260918_170759 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageRuster in Pits-Eats Greg by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageRuster Night Burnout by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageRuster Night by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageRuster Staging Lanes With Mike A's '65 Valiant by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageRuster Sunset Burnout 1 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageRuster Sunset Burnout 2 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260919_185736 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260919_185736 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260919_185726 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260919_185720 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260919_141131 by Hyperpack, on Flickr


Original / First Slant 6 Race Sign-In - From Seymour:
ImageOriginal Slant 6 Race Sign in From Seymour! by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260919_115056 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260919_100434 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
Image20260919_100418 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageA Pair of '62 Toads in the Staging Lanes by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageAndrew Shank Blue Ram D150 Pits by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageAndrew Shank Blue Ram D150 Stage R Lane by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageDennis' Buzzin Half Duzzin' Pits by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageJeff K Not2Slow Dragster Pass1 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageJeff K Not2Slow Dragster Pass2 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageJeff K Not2Slow Dragster Pits1 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageJeff K Not2Slow Dragster Water Box 1 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageJeff K Not2Slow Dragster by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageMadsen - Pederson '62 Valant 2 door Stage L Lane by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageMadsen - Pederson '62 Valiant 2 door Pits by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageMatt Deemer '71 Scamp Slant Kook Pits by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageMatt Deemer '71 Scamp Slant Kook by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageMike Anderas '65 Valiant 2 door Burnout Box by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageMike Anderas '65 Valiant 2 door Pits by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageRich Mc '76 Valiant Pits by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageRich Mc '76 Vlaint Stage by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageRick Covalt Pits by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageRick Covalt Stage R Lane by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageRick Covalt Stage R Lane2 by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageRodney Hargis' '62 Lancer Grasshopper - Pits by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageShawn V's '67 Vliant V100 Pits by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageSlant's Colt Pits by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageWill Burns - Turbo '67 Barracuda Street Car Launch Pits by Hyperpack, on Flickr
ImageWill Burns - Turbo '67 Barracuda Street Car Launch R Lane by Hyperpack, on Flickr


I have some video as well, but I need to edit it, then I will post it.

Cheers!,

Greg

Author:  hyper_pak [ Tue Sep 22, 2026 11:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DETAILS and ROLL CALL - Slant 6 Reunion Race and Seymour Pederson Memorial - Sept 18-20, 2026

GREAT Pictures Greg, Thanks!

Author:  rich_mc [ Tue Sep 22, 2026 5:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DETAILS and ROLL CALL - Slant 6 Reunion Race and Seymour Pederson Memorial - Sept 18-20, 2026

Thanks all for another great weekend. Had a lot of fun and enjoyed the drive back and forth!

Author:  Dart270 [ Wed Sep 23, 2026 6:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DETAILS and ROLL CALL - Slant 6 Reunion Race and Seymour Pederson Memorial - Sept 18-20, 2026

Yeah, amazing pics.

Thanks to all for participating and bringing your warm hearts, your families, and your Slant racecars!!

I will post a ladder and results when I get dug out at work...

Lou

Page 15 of 16 All times are UTC-07:00
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/