Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:50 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
Quote:
Quote:
*Thundrous applause*
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:12 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
I have been using the Fram PH8A on all of my mopars for close to 30 years. I also use the air cleaners and the gas filters. I also use .99 Autolight plugs and the $19 Autolight "lifetime" plug wires, and I also use the cheapest caps and rotors that money can buy. I even have Raybesto "lifetime" pads and shoes on my car, with Kelly Springfield tires and Monroe shocks. Gasp!!!

According to some "experts", my car should be a rolling deathtrap. But, surprise, surprise, this car just keeps getting better and better.

So there, as Bill the Cat would say, phhhtttt...

But then if it is on the Internet, IT MUST BE TRUE!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:33 pm 
Board Sponsor & Contributor

Car Model:
Quote:
I have been using the Fram PH8A on all of my mopars for close to 30 years.
And in that time, Fram's been through no fewer than *six* corporate owners. Quality, which 30 years ago was quite high, has been on a rollercoaster ride ever since.
Quote:
According to some "experts", my car should be a rolling deathtrap.
Really? Cool! I'd like to read the "wisdom" of an "expert" who thinks the brand of oil filter you use can affect your safety while driving. Can you post a link?
Quote:
As Bill the Cat would say, phhhtttt...
Actually, Bill the Cat says Ackpthbpthbpthbp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 3:46 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
I like your style Kesteb!!!!!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:35 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
Quote:
But then if it is on the Internet, IT MUST BE TRUE!
It wasnt on the internet, kevin. It was in my hands staring at me in the face the last time I cut one open. But then you werent there to witness it so I must be full of it.

You don't have to use quality parts or correct parts if you don't want to. No one is forcing you to. So I don't understand why you get so indignant over people like Dan who are just trying to educate the freethinking population on how to get everything just right. But whether I do or not, we get the message. Kesteb thinks Dan is full of it. Ten-four. That's a roger.

Let's move on please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:48 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model: 1962 Lancer 770
Quote:
Let's move on please.
Agreed, just tell us what you know, or in my case, what you don't! There's far too many good questions out there to lose them to petty little jabs. Its fun occasionally I understand, but...I teach middle school and deal with enough of that already! =)

Step, move! Then leave your alarm by the heating ducts so it travels nicely to the offensive neighbor's room

MJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:59 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
Im going to go up there and try to reason with him first. I just hate having to do it, and invariably do it over, and over, until I am ignored and then have to go to the bylaw enforcement officer. It's B/S.

People just don't think when they move into an old building. It's not a tower. People can hear you. Shut the hell up already or move back where you belong.

Who the hell has so much to say at 1:30 in the morning on a work night. Seriously. Bla bla bla bla bla shut UP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 5:46 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model: 1962 Lancer 770
yeah its a terrorist plot in canada...think about what countries it could be that its early morning for them ;-)

I agree though...work it out if possible. good luck! Or get white noise and headphones!

MJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 1:40 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Quote:
I have been using the Fram PH8A on all of my mopars for close to 30 years. I also use the air cleaners and the gas filters. I also use .99 Autolight plugs and the $19 Autolight "lifetime" plug wires, and I also use the cheapest caps and rotors that money can buy. I even have Raybesto "lifetime" pads and shoes on my car, with Kelly Springfield tires and Monroe shocks.
sounds to me like you're in the mood to wake up danzilla. Cut it out, man, he's not trying to convince you that you're to use what he sez, he's a free-minded fresh sight investigator who happens to know a lot of automotive industry, especially mopar facts, and he ain't settle for what he reads either on paper or internet. He can be annoying sometimes? I'll give you that, but he's not full of fram. (shít) he's passionate about his opinions. And all his opinions are pointed to get the better quality goods for our beloved slants. You say you don't buy that cráp and you wanna go cheaper? be my guest. But why jump on somebody's throat just 'cuz he thinks diffrent?

I'll say it's about time to quit qith the petty stupid little quarrels about ¡Oil filters, spark plugs and wires! c'mon!...

Please use e-mail button istead of PM'ing. I do log in sometimes but I'll be answering quicker thru e-mail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 4:30 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
Quote:
I'll say it's about time to quit qith the petty stupid little quarrels about ¡Oil filters, spark plugs and wires! c'mon!...
I agree, this is getting old and I am tired of reading it. I don't mind chewing the cud now and again as long as it is a different flavour.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:26 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
Quote:
I have been using the Fram PH8A on all of my mopars for close to 30 years. I also use the air cleaners and the gas filters. I also use .99 Autolight plugs and the $19 Autolight "lifetime" plug wires, and I also use the cheapest caps and rotors that money can buy. I even have Raybesto "lifetime" pads and shoes on my car, with Kelly Springfield tires and Monroe shocks.
You're the man.