Slant Six Forum
https://slantsix.org/forum/

Wiseco Big Bore pistons ANOTHER RUN!!
https://slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=68441
Page 6 of 7

Author:  joesnow [ Thu May 21, 2026 6:17 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wiseco Big Bore pistons ANOTHER RUN!!

Ok thanks...we "are" still racing the slant

Author:  Rob Simmons [ Sun Jun 21, 2026 12:02 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wiseco Big Bore pistons ANOTHER RUN!!

Mandi is also getting a set. Nice to see the new generation getting mentored and involved! :D

Author:  Rob Simmons [ Thu Jul 30, 2026 10:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wiseco Big Bore pistons ANOTHER RUN!!

Update on pistons from Wiseco.

We are extremely backed up in manufacturing and these are due week of AUG 21st.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Author:  Dart270 [ Thu Jul 30, 2026 11:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wiseco Big Bore pistons ANOTHER RUN!!

Thanks a bunch, Rob. Good to know and we can be patient.

Best wishes,
Lou

Author:  Rick Covalt [ Thu Jul 30, 2026 12:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wiseco Big Bore pistons ANOTHER RUN!!

Thanks Rob!

Author:  Rick Covalt [ Mon Aug 24, 2026 1:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wiseco Big Bore pistons ANOTHER RUN!!

Rob, If it helps I can send the rest of the payment for the pistons? Just let us know if that would be good for you?

Author:  Rob Simmons [ Mon Aug 24, 2026 5:25 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Wiseco Big Bore pistons ANOTHER RUN!!

I have reached out to Adam to see if they are done yet. I’ll let you know.

I sure hope I get them before Clay City!

Author:  Rob Simmons [ Wed Aug 26, 2026 6:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wiseco Big Bore pistons ANOTHER RUN!!

I spoke to Adam yesterday. The Pistons are not ready yet. They are apparently going through the final quality control step.

I think it might be prudent to go ahead and collect the second payment from everyone so I can pay him as soon as they are ready. I am in a little bit of a time crunch with being out of the country and then the race and then going back to WyoTech right after that.

I will figure out the shipping charges later.

Author:  Rick Covalt [ Wed Aug 26, 2026 7:35 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wiseco Big Bore pistons ANOTHER RUN!!

Sending money now.

Author:  Rob Simmons [ Wed Aug 26, 2026 8:10 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wiseco Big Bore pistons ANOTHER RUN!!

Got it! Thanks Rick! :D

Author:  Rob Simmons [ Wed Aug 26, 2026 8:18 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wiseco Big Bore pistons ANOTHER RUN!!

The pistons are close to being done. They are in final QC stages now.

I will be out of the country 30 August to 15 September and then we have the Clay City race on the 18th.

Sooo,… In the hopes that I can get them shipped to me before the race, I would like to go ahead and collect the remaining amount from everyone. That way I can pay Wiseco and get them shipped as soon as they are ready.

Here is the up to date status on funds received toward the $600 per set. I will have to figure out shipping costs later.

Roll Call:
Rick Covalt - 3.504” x 1 - $350 + $300 =$650
Greg Ondayko - 3.504” x 1 - $325 + $275 =$600
Wayne Venable - 3.485” x 1 - $350 + $250=$600
Lou Madsen - 3.485” x 1 - $325 + $310 =$635
IdahoCarson (FABO) - 3.504” x 1 - $350 +$250=$600
Matt Deemer - 3.504" x 1 - $325 +$275=$600
Rob Simmons - 3.485” x 1 - $350 +$250=$600
Mandi Gravatt - 3.485” x 1 - $300 +$300=$600

Author:  Rob Simmons [ Mon Sep 14, 2026 6:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wiseco Big Bore pistons ANOTHER RUN!!

I just got an email from Wiseco.

Apparently the 3.485s were shipped to me in KY. I will verify once I’m back to the states day after tomorrow.
He said two sets of the 3.504s should ship tomorrow with two sets remaining on “back order”. :roll:

I have asked for clarification on the “back order” thing, believing that doing a “special order” would mean they would all be done together.

8-10 week turnaround time was obviously not a very close estimate. Sorry guys. :?

I will bring what I can to Clay City and ship the rest. If they don’t arrive to KY until after I’ve gone back to WyoTech, Angie will ship them for me.

Author:  Greg Ondayko [ Mon Sep 14, 2026 6:39 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wiseco Big Bore pistons ANOTHER RUN!!

Thank you Rob.

Author:  Rob Simmons [ Mon Sep 14, 2026 6:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wiseco Big Bore pistons ANOTHER RUN!!

Here’s the initial response:
Quote:
Not real sure, it was a forging issue where they were out of them at the time of the build

I will try to get you an accurate date.

Author:  Rick Covalt [ Mon Sep 14, 2026 7:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Wiseco Big Bore pistons ANOTHER RUN!!

No worries Rob. Thanks for all your efforts! I'm in no hurry for mine right now.

Page 6 of 7 All times are UTC-07:00
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/