Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Oct 25, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 912 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:16 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Those more closely matched lengths are getting close to what is best. Keep up the good work.

If ball end flanges will not be used, then I like Ed's idea of the slip in flange system with the header flanges. Should be much more leak proof and even wouldn't pass much gas :wink: if your gasket was gone...

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:59 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Quote:
will shipping with usps to canada be a possibility :?:
Yes that would not be a problem. We have two that paid for their shipping and UPS OR USPS just picks it up here. Then we just deduct the shipping cost from the set before payment. :)
Just another way to make that happen. This also gives you the satisfaction of knowing and then calculating the actual cost of your purchase. :!:

'03 Ram 2500 4x4 w/HEMI 5sp 4:10 posi
My Twister Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 4:24 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
Any idea if these will fit a B body?I'll be interested in a set if they do...

Post subject: Re: Header price
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:12 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
is right $300.00 to your door, in the U.S.
Ok that's a much easier pricetag to swing. :D
Hello DartMan we will help a little more :?: If these are ordered with the slip on connection, the price would be $275.00 then. :idea: Still looking on ways to cut cost, this is one of them Don.
Cool 8) If I can manage to land me a part time job, you'll be hearing from me soon after. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:35 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Quote:
Those more closely matched lengths are getting close to what is best. Keep up the good work.

If ball end flanges will not be used, then I like Ed's idea of the slip in flange system with the header flanges. Should be much more leak proof and even wouldn't pass much gas :wink: if your gasket was gone...

Lou
We are twisting and turning and learning. :idea: The input has helped alot.

Yes Lou this is a nice way to eliminate gasket or leak problems and some of the price! A set with that hook up would also be $275.00 shipped. The ball ends on the set would raise the price to $325.00 if we purchased them out. If I make them $300.00 would be the cost shipped.

Talk to you later, started the T-3 connection I will have some pics soon. This one needs to be finished by next friday Don. :arrow:

My Twister Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:16 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Quote:
Any idea if these will fit a B body?I'll be interested in a set if they do...
Not sure MikeH, what model car do you have. Maybe someone here has run them on their A body then put them B body or tried I have not? But would like to try!!! :)

My Twister Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:34 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
I'm interested to see how the "fitment festival" goes at Charlie's...

Lou[/quote]

The festival starts today!!! Spoke with Charlie yesterday, this should take a couple days. Talk to you soon Don. :arrow:

My Twister Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:14 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Fitment update. Here is some fitment info. The information I received was, if I build a set with straight down drop clearance of 1" these would work on the in a 64,65,66 A-body. So I did this with a drop clearance of 1 3/4" to have some motor movement room as well. When I saw the engine compartment was smaller in width than the 67 and up cars!! Figured we would have a little problem.

First thing we did was b..l s..t for a while. The second thing we did is put a motor and tranny in the car. We used his 65 Valiant, We installed a 225 in the car first. We installed the PowerPipe-SC first and it fit!! Looks a little tight for exhaust connection but it can be done. This will work with the Clifford intake with the water connection style protruding from the bottom of intake. :)
We will need to slash cut the front of the 3" pipe section for water pump clearance and change connection angle for the 170 not a big deal.
On to the PowerPipe-DC. These worked as well, :) just need to change the direction of the exhaust connection. This change will allow you run the Clifford intake that we spoke of earlier. While changing the flanges and slash cutting the front section we would change the connection angle for the 170 and easier exhaust connection.
Now on to the True flow design. The front half of this set did work with the 225, :)
and for the 170 I would need to raise the connection a little, the back half needing work to fit. :? With this set showed the difference in the width of the cars about 2 1/2"=1 1/4" on the exhaust side.
Ok the last set that was made would not work in his 65 without re-working. :x Keep in mind that, they all work in my 72 Duster with power steering.

The plan is now. The car is coming home with me soon as Charlie has the 170 ready. I have learned so much in the past two days, my brain is on over load. :idea: We will be building A long and short tube headers for this application. (per Charlie) Honesty is the key.
Thank you Charlie and all for the help with this build. Don!!!
More updates soon . :arrow:

My Twister Page

Last edited by Mister Twister on Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:40 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Thanks for all your efforts, Don. This is not an easy task and you are doing great. Charlie is the man with the expertise to make sure these are TOP notch.

Best,

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:14 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Quote:
Thanks for all your efforts, Don. This is not an easy task and you are doing great. Charlie is the man with the expertise to make sure these are TOP notch.

Best,

Lou
Yes Lou not easy is an under statement. We will get it right soon. I have mounted this design and will be bringing these to the track for testing. Connecting to the exhaust we have been running for a while. After these the change will be to the True Flow PowerPipe design. No changes to the car but exhaust. I like this set. See if they pull me down the track as good as the PowerPipe-DC we have been running for a long time!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOr5IlTkKUk :D

My Twister Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:16 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:

My Twister Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:46 am 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
will these work on 67 truck with lowwer starter position??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:06 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Hello pdqauto, if the truck has a 225 in it the first two PowerPipes single and duel should work fine. As far as the True flow I don't know. I think the truck has more room than cars might work I can't say for sure. Motor mounts may be different dimension Don.

My Twister Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:32 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
more concerned with starter there is plenty of room also will it work with the offy dual carb intake manifold starters on trucks are lower than cars :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:38 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
keep up the great work....lppks like you got some good products here

keep on roddin'

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 912 Next