Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 12:19 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: seat belt bolts
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:41 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
I have a 70 duster, when i bought the car the seat belts were removed. I have a set of 4 aftermarket seat belts i would like to install but dont know what size bolts the floor pan uses. Does anyone know the size and thread of the bolts so i can buy them at the hardware store? I dont want to have to buy a bunch and try and figure it out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:34 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
you cant just buy seatbelt bolts at the hardware store. seatbelts are put under a LOT of stress in an accident.

i do not know what size bolts they are, but they are special shoulder bolts with a domed head and interference threads. standard bolts of any description will not fit the bill and will not be found at any hardware store, or even specialty fastener stores. it is a captive manufacturer's bolt. i would begin my search here: www.collectorsautosupply.com

i would not trust aftermarket seatbelts unless they were sold as direct-fit replacement belts from a mopar enthusiast speed shop. i would prefer colour-matched original belts as long as the webbing was not frayed, discoloured or faded. in any event if you hit anything over 35MPH you are in deep trouble, seatbelts or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:54 pm 
Board Sponsor & Contributor

Car Model:
Quote:
i would not trust aftermarket seatbelts unless they were sold as direct-fit replacement belts from a mopar enthusiast speed shop.
Errr...why? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. In fact, it doesn't make much of any. :shock:

Any seatbelt that meets U.S. FMVSS 209 and/or internationalised European ECE Regulation 16 and/or Australian ADR 4 will be just fine. Please see here and many other threads on this board readable by entering wesco in the search keyword field.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:00 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
i would not trust them because you may have fitment issues with them. it is not the time to find out the distance between the anchors and the seat bottom is further away than the "universal" belt was designed for, when the package has already been opened.

if you have already bought them, best just cross your fingers and hope they fit... also, if they are of chinese origin, i would not trust the certification.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:11 pm 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model:
There are several good seatbelt suppliers.
I had an unusually good experience with Wesco Performance. They can supply exact fit or performance belts for your rig. They are made in the US.

http://wescoperformance.com/