Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 4:35 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Carburetor Rebuild Kit
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:36 am 
1 BBL (New)

Car Model:
Can someone recommend a good re-build kit for my carburetor?

69 Dodge Coronet 440; 225 cid Slant Six; Holley 1920 Single Barrel Carb.

The stamped numbers on the carb just above the float bowl (slightly to the left) are as follows:

6260 2

I would like to re-build the carburetor and freshen it up. I just got the car running and this will be the last step before I start posting the "why does my car have a rough idle" threads. Starts great, runs fine when cold. The carb seems to step down just fine while it is warming up. Then it has a rough idle. So far I have done a fresh oil change, oil filter, fuel filter, new gas tank, blew the fuel lines out, new fuel pump, new ignition coil and new spark plugs. I adjusted the timing and adjusted the valves. She starts like a champ!

When running warm, it has a rough idle. I can hear some "pops" coming out of the exhaust. Is this backfiring? In Reverse or Drive, the idle gets worse and the engine will eventually die. The OIL light flickers while in "R" or "D". I assume because the engine is struggling to stay on.

I'm hoping that re-building the carb will help. If not, maybe the engine is worn out? Bad compression?

Anyway, can someone please recommend a re-build kit for me to order? I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

~Angel