Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 5:26 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Newbie
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:25 pm 
1 BBL (New)

Car Model:
I just wanted to introduce myself and my car. I bought a 1964 Belvedere with a slant six about 5 months ago from my grandparents who bought it new in 1965. I just recently moved from Salem, OR to Yuma, AZ. Other than one minor issue (losing the high idle cam screw) the car ran great the whole way. I am trying to keep the car as close to original as possible. I also have the original title and receipt from the dealer, Roberson Motors in Salem.

I have a question regarding the carburetor which is a Carter BBS #3680s. The majority of the screws have been overtightened especially the long ones, they have been tightened so much that the mating surfaces are not flat anymore and actually curve down. One of the short screws is stripped and will tighten down a little but not all the way. My question is should I get another carburetor and if so where is a good place to get one?

Are the Carter BBS's interchangeable or do I need to find one that is the same number as the one I currently have?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:03 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
nice car,any pitures? with the carb screws some lock-tight on the treads can hold them in place or jb weld and re-tap the treads. as for a carb there hard to get up here but some on this site may help, just ask & wait.