Slant Six Forum
https://slantsix.org/forum/

Help. Spray on chrome.
https://slantsix.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41184
Page 1 of 1

Author:  Brussell [ Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Help. Spray on chrome.

Hi,

This isn't really directly related to the slant 6 motor as I intend to use this on other parts of the car eg side trims, front bumpers etc.

Chroming is very expensive as we all know, but it does look great.

What about spray on chroming?

Does it look just as good? I already know that it's a lot cheaper and this place near me puts a lacquer coat on afterward so it stays reasonably strong. But does it look good? and does it handle the heat.

and has anyone had any experiences or opinions about what it looks like and whether it should or shouldn't be used.

Author:  emsvitil [ Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:33 am ]
Post subject: 

Use the search function.....

I remember a couple of write-ups...

Author:  lancer61 [ Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:54 am ]
Post subject: 

Don't do it, it look's pretty ok when you spray it on but I have never seen any one that can be used outdoor, it will fall of pretty soon after a little rain and nasty weather.'

Author:  19Fury63 [ Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:48 am ]
Post subject: 

If you are referring to the Krylon type "chrome" I wouldn't recommend it. When you apply it and get it out in the light, it looks like dull stainless steel, not chrome. It hardly has the "pop" that chrome does and as stated, will chip off eventually. Adding a few coats of clear to it dulls the finish even more.

I used this stuff on my front grille and headlight housings...turned out ok for what I needed but they were also aluminum, not chrome.

Author:  ESP47 [ Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:45 pm ]
Post subject: 

You can probably do a search on here and find it but there is a company that makes a spray on chrome kit for $100. The pictures looked nice but I haven't heard of anyone here trying it out. So far thats the only possible spray on chrome that might look decent. Anything else is basically a silver/steel look.

Author:  maxracer21 [ Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

This is the best chroming kit I have ever found.........I re-chromed all my plastic with it . It's a fantastic product ,but a little expensive. But not as expensive as sending it out.

http://www.alsacorp.com/products/killer ... .htm#video[/url]

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC-07:00
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited
https://www.phpbb.com/