Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:42 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: No oil while driving!!
PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:12 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
So today I decided to take my car on a drive around about a mile cruise. The car(dart) had been giving to me as a gift and had it running for about a year and a half . I would always drive It around the neighborhood and NEVER had problems with it. So I tout it was about time to get the plates and sticker to make it legal. So I took it on a spin and just before I was getting home (mile ) cruise. It turned off:(. Would crank battery was dead first time I ever drove it over 45 in all the time I've had it. Got it home and was very little oil in it (centimeter above point of dip stick. I crank it but it freezes:( did I do bad damage to it or just need a oil chandge and see if it cranks and turns rite up :(.HELP!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:26 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
I doubt the two things (oil just touching dipstick) and the no-start issue are related. If they were, you would have very likely heard a lot of knocking, followed by a Big Bang as a rod came flying through the block. Put some oil in it, or change the oil, and let's work from there.

So... Exactly what happens now? With a charged battery, can you crank the engine over? I'm a bit confused at the wording of your post.

- Mac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:10 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
I've done some research and maybe my alternator is just crapping out and just need to chardge my battery and some oil maybe it shld fire rite up:/. But I'm thinking of just getting the engine rebuilt with performance parts in the engine considering that its something I was going to do some time soon. Any suggestions on performance pistons or anything inside the block to put in for street racing:). Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:59 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
Going fast with a Slant Six requires planning. Some general thoughts:

- figure out where you will be driving it, and how often. Do you drive it daily, or just on weekends? Do you drive it around town a lot, or on the highway?

- Don't set a HP goal... Set a "I want to do this" goal.

- Carefully choose the parts and tweaks that will bring your car to that goal. Matching the parts is important... Matching them to your goal is even more important. Throw on a lopey cam, big carb, and headers, and you might just find yourself with a boggy dog around town.

- Read, read, read. The question: "How do I make my Slant fast" has been asked lots of times on this board. Take lots of time to see what others have done, then ask plenty of questions.

- Enjoy the process. Slants are cool.

- Mac

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:00 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
First, I'd learn to get what you have, running well, while you do the research on rebuilding the engine.