Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Mon Oct 28, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Engine upgrades
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:20 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
So I have a dead to bone slant six 225 1 bbl motor. I'm planning on getting the engine rebuilt soon but while its apart go ahead and put the racing performance parts inside the engine block. Can anybody tell me what to put in my engine to get some real racing performance on the street and track out of it:). Thanks I will also be getting a four barrel manifold and carb for it . Is there any complete head that I can buy for racing that is just needed to be installed.:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

Car Model: 2023 Eichman Digger?
What's your budget?

CJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:16 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
Don't Realy have a budget I figure get best tngs for it little by little and take all the parts I've gotten together for the block and put them in while I get it torn apart what do u recommend on cams pistons the head Barrings etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:10 pm 
Site Admin

Car Model: 2023 Eichman Digger?
I'm a bit concerned about your Steet racing reference. What's up with that?

Your going to need to come up with a budget, and a specific racing application for this sort of input. A build needs to include the whole car. Not knowing specifically what type of racing your going to do makes the build impossible to suggest.

If your looking to street race, my suggestion is, sell the car, and get a bicycle.

CJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:22 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
It's not going to be racing all the time it's a cruise car but I wat to get a real lot of horse power. A street rod real sharp looking original but the engine quite powerful. I wasn't asking for any smart answers I just want recommendations on all the best performance parts I can put in my block and head the carb and manifold I can take care of that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:34 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
Like I said I'm new to this website and don't know everything about slant sixes as much as people on this website. My point is I want my car to go real fast on the street and realing get the feeling of that slant six when I step on it. It will only be drivin sometimes not a everyday car. It's going to be a car with unexpected power that nobody would've though my car had until I stepped on it. Thank u for any advice.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:18 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
I think a few people have done a good job on detailing some good advice on getting the car to handle correctly on the street. There are a fair amount of builds here that will allow the car to be up to 'performance' standards in trying to keep up with traffic. Building a 'street/strip' car bridges two areas: 1) primarily getting the best out of the car to get you safely from point A to B and get acceptable mileage, 2) when at the track the car needs to do it's best to either get consistent times, or handle appropriately if doing the rally/course style racing.

Because of lessons learned in the last 3 decades in many areas, racing on the street has now involved the law and insurance companies to crack down on a sport that used to be 'fun' when streets weren't so crowded, but left people dead when someone lost control of the vehicle.

I would focus on making a 'street/strip' build, one that will be enjoyable to run on the street and get you around safely with a smile on your face when driven, but one that will consistently perform at the local track where law enforcement and the public won't be in harms way if something does go horribly wrong.

Do a search and see what makes the best bang for the buck, if going naturally aspirated, you can get the bearings and rebuild parts in a single kit from one of the major rebuilder parts houses. Bolt on preformance will be a research project all of it's own.

Be aware your first engine will probably be a practice run, and the more serious build will occur once you have some experience under your belt.
...Hopefully you haven't bragged to your buddy with the GT mustang that you're going to whup him...that's not going to end well in 99% of the cases.

Good building,

-D.Idiot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:36 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
Thanks a lot it really opens my eye:). You mentions a all in one kit for performance on inside the engine where do I find those kits what website ?