Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:35 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
I need new wheels and tires for my '71 Dart. The car is big bolt pattern with front 11.75" discs (off a Cordoba). Big bolt pattern 8 3/4 rear end (custom axles from Dr. Differential).

Anyways moving forward I would like to get a set of 15x6 Rally. I would like to get reproduction, not used. Can you guys recommend the best/most affordable websites to get a set from? Is there any specific backspacing I need for the 15x6 rally wheels? Or do the reproduction sets come with appropriate backspacing?

In addition to this it would be ideal if those wheels came with tires already on them. I don't know if many websites do this, and I don't know if it will make shipping cost a fortune. Input please?

Also, lastly, what size of tires do we generally run on 15x6 Rallys for my car? My car is just a daily driver, occasionally used, no racing or anything. I live in San Diego, CA so the weather here is good I don't need a snow or rain tire.

Several questions I know but i'd really like input and suggestions as this is a big decision buying new wheels and tires. Thanks!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:47 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
Summit package

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:49 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Quote:
I saw that, but I really want reproduction rally wheels. Also those are 7 and 8 in wide. I need 15x6. Thanks for the link though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:21 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
On my 67 Dart I ran 215/60/15 Front and 225/60/15 Rear. You can also bump up to 235's rear no problem.I was using factory Chrysler 300 Road Wheels that were 15x6. Backspace 3 3/4'' but don't quote me as being exact.