Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Oct 25, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:17 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Hi Folks,
The Az Chapter of Inliners International will be putting on their fall race on Saturday October 18th. October 17th there will be a Friday night test and tune ($30 car & driver, $15 for spectators) Saturday the Inliners/Flathead race will be ($ 30 gate fee & $35 race entry fee, $20 for spectators) Sunday for those interested Torco Oils is sponsoring a Front Engine dragster Challenge. The fees are ($30 gate fee + $50 race entry fee * The race promoter will match the entry fee for the 1st 10 cars. Ha/Gr, SDRA & Northwest vintage rails are welcome aswell.

Racers will enter thru gate 1 and spectators thru gate 3 Friday-Sunday, Overnight camping is aloud.We will have a designated pit area for the Inliner/Flathead racers.Az Inliners will be hosting a BBQ for the racers Saturday evening. For more info please Pm me Thanks,

Rich Swick
Az Inliners

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:56 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:02 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
RACER INFORMATION; NOTE- ALL 3 DAYS RACERS ENTER AT GATE ONE/ SPECTATORS ENTER AT GATE 3. PLEASE NOTE, SPECTATOR PARKING WILL HAVE A $5 PARKING FEE FOR SATURDAY/SUNDAY BIG EVENTS.

FRI OCT 17: 5PM GATE- TNT.

SAT OCT 18: 6AM GATE/ RACE 8AM- JR'S/AZ SHOOTOUT 5 BRACKET CLASSES- MC, STREET, PRO, SUPER PRO. AND THEN SHOOTOUT CLASSES./CLUBS- AZ S/ST, AZ INLINERS, American DRAGCAR, AZ FASTEST STREET CARS, WFA/ JET CARS.

SUN OCT 19: 6AM GATE/RACE 8AM -JR'S NHRA CHALLENGE/ BIG BUCKS BRACKET NON ELE RACE/ WFA/ FED CHALLENGE/ JET CAR.
RACER FOR CHRIST SUNDAY SERVICE AT LAKE GRAND STAND 7AM.

"GATE" PRICES EACH DAY F/S/S: $20 CREW/SPEC, $30 RACERS. ADDITIONAL TECH CARD FEE'INSIDE WITH CLUB OR PROGRAM YOU PLAN TO RUN WITH.

SATURDAY- GO TO CLUB BOOTH TO BUY YOUR TECH CARD.
SUNDAY- BIG BRACKET RACE $100 TECH CARD FEE.

'NO TEST AND TUNE' FOR SATURDAY OR SUNDAY!!!

BIG BUCK BRACKET NON ELECTRONIC RACE- NO DELAY BOX, NO NITROUS, NO SPLIT TREE, NO ET BREAKS. BIKES CAN RUN WITH CARS. FULL TREE

PAYOUT FOR BIG BUCK BRACKET RACE-
WINNER $2,500
RUNNER UP $1,000
SEMI (EACH) $250
QUARTERS (EACH) $100
AND REST OF THE AMOUNT WILL BE SOME SERIOUS PRIZES TO BE ANNOUNCED!

STARTING FRIDAY- YOU CAN BUY ALL EVENT CREDENTIALS FOR THE WEEKEND AND GET TECH AT ONE TIME AS WELL. AS LONG AS YOU BUY YOUR GATE WRIST BAND AND GO TO CLUB BOOTH AND BUY YOUR TECH CARDS FOR EACH DAY.

YOU WILL RECEIVE A RACER PACKET WITH ALL LITTLE DETAILS YOU NEED FOR THE WEEKEND.

WE WILL POST ALL CLUB FLYERS SHORTLY, SO YOU CAN GET CONTACT INFO FOR THE CLUB YOU LIKE TO RACE.

THE JUNIOR DRAGSTER PROGRAM ON SATURDAY IS A POINTS RACE. ON SUNDAY IT WILL BE THE NHRA JR. DRAGSTER CHALLENGE. $4,000 DOLLARS TO BE GIVEN IN JR PROGRAM.

A HALLOWEEN KID'S ZONE WILL BE SET UP BY WILD HORSE PASS JUNIOR'S. JUMPER, TRICK OR TREATS IN THE VERANDA, CHILI COOK OFF, COTTON CANDY AND SNOW CONE MACHINE, PRACTICE CHRISTMAS TREE AND MUCH, MUCH MORE!

VENDOR ROW & 'FOOD TRUCKS' OF VERY KIND WILL BE SET UP GATE 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:42 am 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
As much as I planned to be there,,family issues will keep me from attendance :( :( :(
So I sold my car and am now six less. Maybe in the future.
Thanks Ric for a great event.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:11 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Romeo, sorry to hear that.I will keep you folks posted of other events, we have several all ready lined up for the next 6 months. Rich

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:13 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Well now that I have gotten some rest from the weekend I'll post a small thread about our lil race.I would like to thank everyone that came out and supported the race. We had six cars show up, Mike and Mark with the slantsix powered SDRA cars,Wayne Ludington and his Buick straight 8 powered FED, Along with Kelly McClearrans 63' Falcon Turbocharged 250), Tony Waggoners 62' Falcon( old school built 200) and Gene Fiores 250 powered Maverick.
After 2 rounds of qualifying this is how they ended up qualifying;
1) Gene Fiore .016 RT
2)Mark McCumber .020RT
3) Mike Ostrom .032RT
4)Kelly McClearran .034RT
5)Wayne Ludington .049RT
6) Tony Waggoner .097RT

Wayne hit a new personal best with the Buick FED running 10.22@ 122mph and Kelly had top speed with a 127 mph pass.
First round action saw Gene getting the win over Kelly, Mark over Wayne when wayne broke out on a 10.40 dial running a PB 10.22.Tony took the win over Mike and his rail.Semis saw Gene getting the bye and running a 15.51 on a .50 dial.Tony had a prior commitment and had to leave giving Mark a Comp bye into the final. In the Final it was Gene and Mark, Gene ran a 15.47 on his 15.50 breaking out by just .03 while Mark ran a 13.87 on a 13.80 dual for the win.
I would like to thank our Sponsors, and appreciate all that they do for our events!

Mike with ClassicInlines.com,
Hal with Torco oils/T-N-T Distributing
Mike & Mark from Stone Broke Hot Rods

first round of qualifying

Second round of qualifying

The gang waiting for lane call for the semis

The awesome trophies from Mike & Mark