Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:29 pm

All times are UTC-08:00

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:43 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Very cool, Bill. Do you have a boost gauge on there that tells you what is the max boost?

Enjoy the driving...

Lou

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:22 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model: Dodge Dart Convertible 1964, 1966 D100 Utiline
Hiya Lou, I do indeed have a boost gauge. I am consistently seeing 4-6 pounds, but only when I get the secondary open on my progressive Weber. I just don’t normally drive that way. I have seen as much as 10, when I was really hauling balls, but missed the RPMs. I still need a spotter to figure out that relationship.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:49 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Any videos on this. I was looking at the blower set up from Aussie. Twice the price of the other.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:54 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

I’m back. The TorqStorm supercharger is still amazing.
I either got a bad belt for my power steering mod or left it too loose, but the knobs started breaking off. Of course it is on the back pulley, so I had to pull everything apart. This prompted me to pull the ripcord for the smaller (3.25”) pulley on the supercharger and it helped enormously. Chris at TorqStorm sent me the new pulley and belt with very good installation instructions.
The Dodger still drives like a NA car when I want, but now the boost kicks in much sooner and feels great. I’m still not seeing a lot of boost (4-6 lbs) but it is happening without having to wind the engine up so much. I think that maybe the Weber 32/36 is too small, but I am going to look into having the secondary open sooner.
Added some pics of my custom ram air to the CAI. Not sure if it helps, but if it is good enough for a Hellcat, then its good enough for Rodger.

Attachments:
RamAirCAI.jpeg
RamAirCAI.jpeg [ 129.66 KiB | Viewed 912 times ]
RamAir2.jpeg
RamAir2.jpeg [ 133.08 KiB | Viewed 912 times ]
RamAir1.jpeg
RamAir1.jpeg [ 153.51 KiB | Viewed 912 times ]

Last edited by watsonwerks on Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:56 pm 
3 Deuce Webber

Car Model: 1964 Dart 270
Might want to look into something like this:

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/produ ... RecID=6942

May interfere with choke linkage, not sure. Opens throttles at the same time and replaces the accelerator pump outlet with one from a 38 dgas so it squirts into both barrels.

Brandon

https://www.flickr.com/photos/162600228@N03/

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:07 am 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Wonderful! Thanks for the update. My engine and supercharger and sitting on the stand waiting for me to finish up a car...

Lou

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:04 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Hi OG, Thanks for the tip, but I still want the progressive. I don’t see an adjustment, just a tab that actuates the secondary. I think that I can fashion a jacket over the tab to move the secondary opening from a little after half pedal to just before half. I’ll include some pictures if the mod works.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:24 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Well, I decided against modding the weber and decided to just give it more pedal when I wanted more go. And boy does it go. I’m just driving it around town though, so there is rarely a need to give it the goose.
But the one time that I did, I think that I’m running out of gas at high boost and RPM due to adding the smaller pulley and cheaping out by adding boost reference to the mechanical pump. The symptom was a steep drop off in power. Not sure if it was pre-detonation or just misfiring. Sorry, but again I cannot give exact numbers of boost, AFR, and RPM as things happened very quickly. Now I understand that it could be ignition related, but I’m going with my gut on this one.
So before I blow up the engine, I bit the bullet and got a Mallory 4309 (29387) boost referenced regulator and a Walbro GSL395 electric pump.
Gonna keep the feed 5/16” and add a 5/16” return. I was thinking of the newer sender plate with the built in return, but it is a 3/8” feed with a 1/4” return and all my research indicates that the return should be the same size as the feed or bigger, otherwise the regulator will not work properly. Even dropping the feed to 5/16” means that the return would still be constricted by the 1/4” on the plate.
Now I am leaning towards tapping a 5/16” nipple into the fill tube.
I look to the collective wisdom on this board to critique my plans and welcome all advice.