Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 4:28 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Thanks for the help
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:00 am 
1 BBL (New)

Car Model:
I have been reading this site for two years and my engine is finally done. After break in my 225 put out 234 hp with 249 lb ft . Torque was almost flat from 3000 rpm to5200. Everything started to drop at that point.That was with an eddlebrock 500 4 brl.We put on a 600 to see if we would get any more out of her and right out of the box it put up 250.7 hp and 289 lbft of torque. I never expected those gains.It was run with dual shorty clifford headders and dual 2.5 inch flowmaster dual chamber exaust.I followed for the most part the original hot rod article 'recipe list' except for .110 off the block and .100 off the head, manly 11/32 pro-flow 1.77,1.44 valves some serious bowl cleaning and porting. The disributor has no vacuum advance nor cetrifigal advance. It is locked at 20 degrees and set the timing at 10.There was a slight hesitation from idle with the 500 cfm but none with the 600cfm.This thing sounds like a v-8. Now to put it in the car. By the way, the 500 is for sale. It has a couple of hours of use. i can't just leave that much power off the table. Thanks again to everyone here.Info is the only thing missing when you start with nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 8:12 am 
Guru

Car Model: Many Darts and a Dacuda
8) 8) Cool 8) 8)
Thanks for the up-date, it sounds like you are well on your way to having a real fun Slant. :)

Yes, there is no "magic" needed, just some basic hop-up stuff and a good combination of parts. Hot Rod did a great job documenting a nice build-up that most anyone can do and get great results from.

So what kind of car does this engine go into?
DD

Post subject: Home for the slant
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2004 12:48 pm 
1 BBL (New)

Car Model:
My hyper-pack slant is going ito a 61 Lancer four door sedan. It needs paint[just faded] but no rust. It had a 3 on the floor but I have a 4 speed from a 64 barracuda that had a six in it. I am putting in the hump soon and an 8.75 posi rear with 3.23 gears also. I was going to wait on the rear but this motor has to much power and I don't feel like puffin' the 7.25 and a tow.Wish I had 3.55s,but those early trannies have a lower 1st, and it shouldn't be to bad. Money is getting short for a while, [the wife needs to do some kitchen updating]so the rear will have to stay 3.23 for the time being.I am curious if the clutch situation has improved. Is the 10 inch ford deal the best out there for a stock flywheel? This is going to be mostly a street car that is set up for handling.I can't wait to let this motor drag me around :!: :!: