Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Mon Oct 28, 2024 12:26 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:41 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Another one of my crazy crossflow creations, but this one actually got built. Sorry I don't have any pictures of the actual build but I just kind of winged it and I wasn't sure if it would work or not. I did put it in my Valiant and it does start and run and sound real healthy. I have a problem with a rocker shaft that's shooting oil out of it. Probably a hole that is uncovered. Also the thermostat housing is leaking but the head itself seems fine so far.
I'm not really sure what to do with this motor. The Valiant is not ready to go yet. I may put it in another car and try to get some real world testing done.
I've learned a lot from cutting up heads in the last few years and I wouldn't do this one the same again. Although it was quite inexpensive the labor was involved. But I have ideas for a much simpler assembly that I will be trying on my next engine build. My goal is to make it simple, reliable and inexpensive so that anyone can duplicate it if they want to. Any ideas and input are welcome.
Now guess what head that is. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:01 am 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
One that isn't bolted on?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:15 am 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
Any more pics of this from the top and other angles? How does it fit in the car? It must be tight on that passanger side.

What heads did these start out being?

Jess

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:05 pm 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model:
Cool!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:38 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
It's a tight fit. No way it would go in the early A body without removing the heater assembly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:04 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
BITCHIN'

Sorry, just got excited. What kinda of head is that off of? We just finished a foundry and I think it would be cool to cast a block, but a head is a little bit out of my reach. So perhaps I could make it work with whatever head your using.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:26 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Wow. All those "can I get a head from such and such to fit on a slant?" threads, and now someone's gone and done it. My hat's off to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:18 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
If I understand right, this is several pieces of heads cut up and welded together to create this head. Impressive indead.

The wide diff between the two pushrod angles has me interested. Maybe the pics makes it look worse than it is but it appears that one or the other (intake/exhaust) would be struggling to get lift with such a angle.

Just goes to show what you can do if you put your mind to it though. I take it there has not been any real test drives with setup yet. It will be interesting to see any furture results, keep us posted.

Jess

Post subject: Whoa...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:03 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Being cross flow and cutting up heads, it looks to be a modified set of V-8 heads... with the rocker arms being like they are, it almost reminds me of the Cleveland heads or Twisted Wedge heads from the Boss mustangs like my wife's uncle has in his shop....

But being 'HecksHemi'... I might guess the bore size is pretty close to the 1954 'Red Ram' head...Maybe an old Firedome head????

And I thought having a hyperpak intake was rough on fender well clearance... Holy Smokes!

I'm game to see how things go!

-D.Idiot

Last edited by DusterIdiot on Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:06 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
What head this is? Wow thats a hard one with no more pics than this. When I first look at it a real Hemi head is what comes to mind. The exhuast ports dont look the part for a real Mopar Hemi setup bu tyou may have done things to change this.

Early import stuff also has some stuff like this. Seems like there was a Toyota setup like this but again the exhaust ports dont look the part. BMW had a head something like this but I cant find any pics of one.

So what head is it? You did say "Head", I am guess early import six head of some kind.

Jess

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:18 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
Well, I guess import and would be very interested in what it is. I can't really find a v8 idea that I want to go with... so another slant that is extremely boosted is most likely in my future.
The six cylinder performance manual uses two chevy small block hears and cuts off the two chambers and welds them together. The bore I believe is to small on the slant to test this. However, haven't tried this yet, but most likely going to build a 250 for my Dad that will employ this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:41 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: Fiat 500e
Looks like two welded up Toyota T-engine heads to me. It's not like he kept this a big secret. I see custom intake ports.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:33 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
ok so what year/body do they come out of??? Of maybe the engine name like 22re or such.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:24 am 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
Absolutely wonderful work, I can't wait to see the valvecover....black wrinkle-finish please! :) nico

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:28 am 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Quote:
Looks like two welded up Toyota T-engine heads to me. It's not like he kept this a big secret. I see custom intake ports.
Yep, found the thread where he mentioned a pair of Toyota 3T-C heads welded together.