Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 1:05 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:28 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
I am looking at the Wilwood 4 piston disc brake kit that Just Suspension has for my 64 Valiant with 9'' drums. After reading thru about 10 pages of posts here I am confused as to what Brake booster and master cylinder to go with. I will be keeping drums in the rear. What have you guys out there used or suggest I am still trying to keep cost to a minimum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:57 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
are you certain you want power brakes or were you told you needed power brakes?

my 70 dart w/manual brakes stops just fine with the same pedal force as any car with power brakes. much more solid pedal, too.

when i converted to disc, i thought i needed power brakes. i used the K-H four piston discs and i am now on the f-body brakes and i love the way the brakes feel and perform. and i didn't have to deal with mounting a booster. all i had to do was mount a proportioning valve in the rear circuit.

i am using the disc brake master cylinder for my car, but i am not sure about yours. i'm sure Dan will chime in here soon and let you know.

zedpapa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:52 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
I am not exactly sure what I will need but I am not sure that the small little stock resevior will be up to the job of pushing the 4piston wilwood calipers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:12 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
i forgot about your car being a single circuit brake system. you should really consider upgrading to a dual circuit brake system and going to a newer M/C. if you're on a budget(like most of us) skip the booster and just convert to dual circuit brakes and the discs. i'm not sure what's involved but someone here should.

zedpapa