Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Mon Oct 28, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: One of those days....
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:47 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
I put aside a half a day to work on the Valiant. The goal was to put in the Turbo Action manual valve body and the B&M shifter.

No go. Turns out I ordered the valve body for a 66 and up 904. No matter - I got it from Summit and they are only 5 miles down the road. "uhhh...we don't have the one for the 64-65, and they don't make it anymore". So I call Cheetah, and they are closed all week for Independance day.

Their web site shows that they still make/have/will make it, along with a customer core.

This is just one of situations where you are at the mercy of parts. Basically this whole project is partly because the floor shift neck snapper MVB is really cool, and partly because I didn't want to have to fabricate a kickdown rod with my totally non-stock setup. I could have bought the Bouchilon cable thingy for $125, but the B&M shifter makes a nice spot to mount a cup holder. And I LIKE barking all the gears.

If Cheetah can't provide the right part, I can return all the stuff and buy the cable thingy, or I can find a 66-up 904 and swap transmissions. Ahhhhh, but the 65 has the old weird driveshaft deal, so then I'd have to hunt up a driveshaft or have one built. Even then, something tells me that the rear u-joint might cause me hassles (I could be wrong about that).

So, I wait for TA to open next week and tell me if they have what I need. It's been one of those days.
Kip-on-Truckin'

1996 Buick Roadmaster Wagon
1966 CruiseAire motor home
1990 Toyota 1 ton box truck TURBO slant (scraped)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:09 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model: 1974 W100; 72 Dart
FWIW, the rear u-joint is a non-issue when you go to the 66 up driveshaft. Wish you were closer, i've got a couple of 904s you could have. (One free, one real cheap)

I've had those days. It'll work out.

sb