Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:41 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Had my Duster gone through annual vehicle inspection and it didn't pass (somehow it has passed 11 years before).
Found out that dispite that it's made in -70 but due to it been registered in -72 (law changed from 1st January -71)I have to have front seat belts. They don't have to be 3-way, only lapbelts.
What would be the correct length, and what about fastening bolts and maybe some special stuff? Should I buy from Ssnake Oyl, Wesco performance or somewhere else?

Bye the way, who the F**K is Tu Ning?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:48 pm 
Board Sponsor & Contributor

Car Model:
Your '70 would originally have come with lap belts and separate shoulder belts. The shoulder belts were bolted to the roof, and there were two clasps at each outboard front seat: One for the lap belt, and one for the shoulder belt. This mess was cleaned up a little (but not much) for '72 when the lap belt got an extra short piece of webbing with its own clasp so that the separate shoulder belt could be left attached to the lap belt and only one attachment made when fastening. The mess was not fixed until '74 when the retractable combination lap/shoulder belt was introduced.

The Wesco belts get very good reviews and are really much safer than lap belts only. In your position, I'd get them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:17 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
So, What would be the correct length for lapbelts? Wesco seems to sell both with lift lever or with push button, non-retractable lapbelts.
I don't like to use 'fuzzy logic' to determine what to choose from a place that sells non-vehicle specified stuff.

quote from their site:
The male end belt portion is 20" long and the female end belt is 54" long if you choose the 74" seatbelt or 40" long if you choose the 60" seat belt.

What kind of Seat Belt Mounting Hardware Kit do I need?
http://wescoperformance.stores.yahoo.net/boltkit.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:37 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Tried to locate the bolt holes. Found the inner ones but not the outer ones. Someone before me has welded new sheetmetal on both outer sides. Where exactly should the outer belt bolt holes be located. And if I don't find them anymore, how could I replicate them, so that it would be safe and correctly done?