Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 10:26 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:57 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model: 1964 Plymouth Valiant 225, 1977 Dodge D100 225
It lives! What a great feeling. I remember the first time my 64 turned over and kept running. It had been sitting for at least three years. Probably more given the flat and rotten tires.

I'm quite happy for you. I'm also amazed that your e-brake worked. Mine was rotten clean through...along with the brake lines themselves. Maybe this car was sitting longer than I thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:33 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
Quote:
Quote:
Haha, I think that's just about the most solid mechanical part I've got on the car right now! Well....other than the new dizzy and fuel pump..
Well, good luck with your car! 8) Those rear lower quarters behind the wheel look like loads of fun... :lol:
Yeah... tell me about it, I think pay someone else to have that fun for me. There were pounds of dirt down in the lower quarters that caused them to rust....wtf? Guess the PO used it as a truck to do some gardening.

We'll have to make the strip for sure Lou, I've been up there and watched a few times but never been down the track.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:42 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
Quote:
It lives! What a great feeling. I remember the first time my 64 turned over and kept running. It had been sitting for at least three years. Probably more given the flat and rotten tires.

I'm quite happy for you. I'm also amazed that your e-brake worked. Mine was rotten clean through...along with the brake lines themselves. Maybe this car was sitting longer than I thought.
Luckily this car spent about 8 of the 10 years it sat on a paved lot and a local Ford dealership, after that it was moved to gravel lot, I used to drive by and "look at that crazy Valiant" every week in my Coronet after leaving the local cruise in.

Not having any grass growing up underneath and getting the bottom side wet helps a lot, my floor pans are pretty much perfect other than surface rust on the inside due to leaky wiper pivot seals and back window. It also didn't have factory undercoating thank goodness; I've had 20+ mopars and the only ones that had solid floors were the ones that didn't have undercoating.