Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 12:26 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: i scored this morning
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:35 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
ok, you porbably clicked on this hoping for some story of dirty lusty sex. but alas no, its something even BETTER!!! yes, scoring a deal on a couple of slants is BETTER than sex. hahaha.

had my eye on an auction which contained 2 x towers of power (one a running motor which smokes on start up, the other just a spare - condition unkown). and a complete rebuilt 3 speed trans which was rebuilt by one of our top mopar guys here in new zealand. and it was all up for grabs for a mere nz$450 (around us$300) no reserve. so not a bad deal really. i was more after the trans as mines been slipping and theyre not a cheap repair here.

morning of the closing of the auction rolls in and i set my alarm to wake me in time in hope that i will be the only one to bid on the auction and score myself a great deal. alarm goes off, i turn on laptop, it jams and wont boot up properly. i shut down, reboot, still no go.

by time second boot up fails, the auction end time had passed. damn it, im not very happy at this point. around 10 minues later the laptop boots up properly. i get connected and open the auction. luckily, no bids. next awesome part, the seller then offered it to me for nz$400 (us$260). i hit that 'accept offer' the fastest ive ever moved.

I HAVE SCORED.

the plan, throw the trans in the wagon asap. rebuild the running motor bit by bit as i can afford it. would like to push it as far as i can HP wise, all down to dollars of course. i know theres a lot of power to be harnessed from the slants, and im reading more and more on this forum which has been an awesome help. thanks to all those who have taken the time to put in their stories and knowledge.

then when its all built, just pull my current motor and drop in the new one and go out there a fry some tires.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:45 pm 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model:
Good score. I imagine there aren't too many of those kicking around NZ these days...

Lou

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:20 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 76 D100
Nice remote mount oil filter too! Or is that a stock piece on right-hand drive slants? And its a two barrel to boot! Cool beans!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:56 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
that looks just like the 727 thats blown sitting in the back of my truck ha

83 f150 straight 6
89 f450 diseal 4x4 dually 5sp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:08 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
hey dart, not many, but oddly still show up from time to time. a lot of people here just dont see them as worthy. stupid unclean people they are. hahaha. i have a mate who runs a slant in his hotrod pick up which i will try find a picture of and post up at some stage. but he got that from usa and slant was already in it.

reed, i was stoked to see the remote filler as ours are normally on the right also. which over here is a pain in the bum because we have a steering column that goes down that side of the engine too, making plug and oil changes etc a real mission.

illdeca, yeah it looks a bit rough on the outside, but all the insides are new and juicy. i will clean it up and give it a paint job before i install it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:16 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
oh i could be wrong i just looked out my window mine is starting to oxidize :lol:

83 f150 straight 6
89 f450 diseal 4x4 dually 5sp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:32 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
hahahah, nothing like garden art.