Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 11:33 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:35 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
Hello all :
i changed the oil , put some marvel mystery oil in put in a new battery some fuel down the carb and she cranked right up ~~ started no problem ~~ all i can say is wow my 1987 Dodge van slant six 225 sat for about 3 years and it ran pretty smooth ~~ now its time to go to work on her will be pulling the top end of the motor this week and have a look see and will go from there also plan on dropping the fuel tank clean it out real good and blowing out the fuel lines & carb will be changing all fluids rear end trannie ~~ any advice will be welcomed from you all ~~ just want to take my time and bring her back to life ~~my van started her life as my bellsouth phone truck i have owned her since 1991 ~~ i am a phoneguy , network guy backyard mechanic since i was a kid and do love the slant six :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:20 am 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
well? - what did you expect of a slant after only 3 years? my slant sat for 14 years unstarted,and after oil priming with the coil lead off,it fired right up. I think you could leave one of these engines for a hundred years,and they would fire up.
happy motoring !!!

regards,Rod :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:51 am 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model:
Hey Vanman
Dont forget to change out the Rubber Fuel hoses with Fuel Injector rated hose while its all apart. The rubber hose thats there will get soft and disintergrate with the new fuels.
Frank

178" FED
82 D150
All Slant powered

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:47 am 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
Yes what Frank said,30R9 is the hose number and use the special clamps with it.I speak from experiance that the regular fuel hose they sell now and it's 'New and improved,works with todays formulated gas',still desolves after awhile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:14 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
I concur. Mine had sat for 10 years in a field underneath a dogwood tree. Fresh gas and battey and it fired right up. And promptly blew a radiator hose, heater hose, and fan belt before we got it home.

These motors don't mind sitting for years and years. Change your gakets and hoses and enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:17 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
thanks all~~ and yes what did i expect i new it would run after all it is a slant six ~~~ and thanks for your advice & help :D