Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 10:23 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 499 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1534 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:40 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
Yeah, it looks like that, and all the pictures from this site, it just says it's for Ford application, and has instructions on a Ford install. Weird??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:18 pm 
6 Pack Dart

Car Model:
OH Well, Misboxed instructions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:21 pm 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
I guess so. Strange. I also ordered my coil, and it ended up being cheaper with shipping right from MSD. FYI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:56 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Hi peeps,just joined up.
I am currently running a electronic distributor and ignition box (Chrysler) on my 65 Valiant (Australian) All is running sweet,but as i always like to tinker,i am looking at doing this mod one day.Finding the GM module is easy enough,but does anyone have any links to the Blue Streak coils as mentioned in the installation instructions.I have searched Blue Streak's site and they dont have them listed.Also,i like the neat look of the combination mounting bracket but cant find one anywhere.I dont know if any Australian cars or utes(pick-ups) ran the same coils or brackets so if you know of any that info would be great as well.Looking forward to being able to contribute to this site.
Cheers in advance
Greg
:shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:08 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
Hi Bucket 656, and welcome to the forum. Very nice car you've got there! :D
Take a look in the frequently asked questions at the top of each section, and you will find some special posts containing lots of links to the information you need, you can start with this link. Our search function is exellent, so it is useful to play around a little to get a grip on the vast amount of information stored here, the 'engine' section alone has over 100.000 posts full of brainfood! 8)

Take a look at Napa online pages, lots of pics of the products there (they don't ship abroad, but D & M Auto parts (dmauto.com) does!) You may have to use a bit of imagination when searching dmauto, a search for parts by brand is often useful, and also to have the Napa online pages open as a reference. The coils you're looking for are Standard high performance parts, they have an X at the end of the normal part number. An example is Standard BlueStreak #FD-478X. The difference is visible, they're blue! (see the link above) The difference is notable in the dizzy cap, the stock use aluminum posts and the high-performance use copper posts. The part number for the cap is CH410X, and they can be bought from RockAuto and others that stock Standard parts. The long tip rotor is only available from Napa Echlin, and can only be obtained for shipping abroad from dmauto, the part number is MO3000.
Send me a pm if you need more tips on buying from outside US.

Olaf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:20 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
^ Thanks for that Olaf,found all the parts on the sites you listed.Still wouldn't mind finding the bracket and heat sink like mentioned in the article.I have a buddy of mine from Michigan sussing it out for me,he say he has a lot of junk yards near where he lives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:45 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Does anyone know how to cross reference from the Napa rotor to the Champion rotor ?
I could get the champion one in Australia.It looks the same.
http://www.eziautoparts.com.au/champion ... al104.html

Post subject: Engine won't turn off
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:19 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
Hey guys,
I just did this installation in a 63 vailant. I tried it without the relay and it would stall when the motor came under a load (put it in gear) So then I installed the relay and it ran great, actually awesome! Drove it around the block and adjusted the carb a little. Then went to turn it off and it wouldn't shut off from ignition! Then I pulled the hot wire off the relay and turned the ignition off and it shut down.

any ideas how to slove this besides a kill switch?

I read that armyofchuckness battery died after doing the switch. I would think mine would if I left the hot wire attached.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:41 am 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
I used the factory coil hot wire to power up the relay.It should work as the factory ignition did then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:17 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
I seem to be getting conflicting answers about the wiring of this mod,i notice you have to jump the ballast resistor and connect the 2 original wires(my loom ,65 Australian Valiant)has a brown and a blue wire connected on one side and 2 blues on the other side before they go into the resistor.But were does wire 86 from the relay go,do you splice it into the 2 wires that you connect?Also,where do the original loom + and - wires that used to go to the coil go ? I will be using the Bluestreak FD-478X coil.
Please forgive how stupid these questions may sound to some of you,but i am new to this auto electrical mumbo jumbo and it doesn't take much to confuse me,i also like shiny things. :D

Last edited by BUCKET 636 on Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:38 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
"OLD 225 APE"... I love the license plate :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:52 am 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
Quote:
The "OLD" is actually "QLD" for Queensland - so small it does look like OLD though.

Retired USAF 1966-1986
Retired US Postal Service 2004-2014

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:58 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Quote:
Quote:
The "OLD" is actually "QLD" for Queensland - so small it does look like OLD though.
Correct Dartman,i never even thought as the QLD as looking like old as Jester pointed out but now i think of it,it does,cool. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:05 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:

On the AP6 wiring diagram i have coloured some wires ,the 2 dark blue ones are joined before they go into the ballast resistor as are the brown and blue ones.Which side and how do i put wire 86 from the relay into ? Also the 12 gauge brown wire from the alternator as in Dans write up,is it just a ground to the coil casing/heat sink looking thing ?
Can someone tell me if my pics are too big in kb's.
Cheers in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:31 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Queensland! Haha, I kind of wondered why it would say "OLD" ;)

a random girl from queensland left a post on my facebook. She said "Wow, you're gorgeous, too bad you don't live in QLD..."

She's pretty hot, but didn't respond to my message. I wanted her to tell the girls around here that I'm gorgeous... :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 499 posts ]  Go to page Previous 111 12 13 14 1534 Next