Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Oct 25, 2024 2:33 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12
 Post subject: headers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:15 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
If your headers are built as well as your frame connectors then put me down for a set. Every piece foment ur shop has been 1st class.
Max

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:49 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
The 170 65 Valiant - We have done some measuring on the new header set!!

The front header has 54" of pipe total and the back has 51" of pipe. 3" spread between six pipes, around 1/2" per pipe difference!!! In my own way of thinking that is. Not equal but not a bad separation at all. It just came out that way after routing.

Now here is the actual tube length on this set. (before collector)
#1 21"- #2 18"- #3 15"- #4 16" #5 16"- #6 19"

Tranny lines should be ok, they should sit 1" or 2" below where oil pan bolts are. That area has some room, it gets tight above the pan bolts.

Thanks again Charrlie I will be working on the trap door today for ya Don

'03 Ram 2500 4x4 w/HEMI 5sp 4:10 posi
My Twister Page

Post subject: Re: headers
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:39 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Quote:
If your headers are built as well as your frame connectors then put me down for a set. Every piece foment ur shop has been 1st class.
Max
Thank you for your kind words MaX, do you have them mounted yet? If so how did the install go? Some pics or a link would be nice. Looks like an inside day for me under the helmet :!: Talk to yall later Don

My Twister Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:27 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
I should have the early A body 170 long tube headers done this weekend if all go’s well. I will post pics next week of the new design!! Soon as we finish these, I will start the turbo design. I wiil be making two different turbo style header. These will be for sale in march.
If you had a choice, would you go with the turbo mounted where the battery was or the turbo mounting close to the motor? This will help on which design I will make more of, thanks for any input on this Don.

My Twister Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:00 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Quote:
I should have the early A body 170 long tube headers done this weekend if all go’s well. I will post pics next week of the new design!! Soon as we finish these, I will start the turbo design. I wiil be making two different turbo style header. These will be for sale in march.
If you had a choice, would you go with the turbo mounted where the battery was or the turbo mounting close to the motor? This will help on which design I will make more of, thanks for any input on this Don.
Do you have something that works on a W150? I'm looking for an exhaust the flows nicely and has no carb heat (run on propane).

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:50 pm 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
Hi Mster Twister. I've only just discovered your awesome header project.

I posted this question on FABO, regarding the DC's - do you have any ideas on delivery cost to Australia? otherwise, availability of plans, so i can get them made up locally?

(this is for a 1967 VC sedan - all steering / brakes are on the opposite side of the firewall to you, so there is really only start-motor clearance issues in common with you)

i love the idea of duals running off the DC, with my twin-carb manifold running stock air cleaners - trying to make it look like it rolled off the factory like that.

there is no problem getting shorty headers - everyone here in Oz runs extractors (AKA headers) because we have all the steering gear on the 'correct' side of the engine bay . . .

typically, i don't want to do it the same as everyone else . . .

chris.

The Wayfarers

six 'n out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:54 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
has there been any finial price set on the shorty headers and x-y pipe?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:44 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Quote:
Quote:
Do you have something that works on a W150? I'm looking for an exhaust the flows nicely and has no carb heat (run on propane).

Thanks
Yes we do. I think the last true flow design would work fine for you, thanks for asking Don.

My Twister Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:47 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Quote:
Hi Mster Twister. I've only just discovered your awesome header project.

I posted this question on FABO, regarding the DC's - do you have any ideas on delivery cost to Australia? otherwise, availability of plans, so i can get them made up locally?

(this is for a 1967 VC sedan - all steering / brakes are on the opposite side of the firewall to you, so there is really only start-motor clearance issues in common with you)

i love the idea of duals running off the DC, with my twin-carb manifold running stock air cleaners - trying to make it look like it rolled off the factory like that.

there is no problem getting shorty headers - everyone here in Oz runs extractors (AKA headers) because we have all the steering gear on the 'correct' side of the engine bay . . .

typically, i don't want to do it the same as everyone else . . .

chris.
Don't know about shipping cost to you. You are looking in the right place for something different tho. :o

My Twister Page

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 3:56 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Quote:
has there been any finial price set on the shorty headers and x-y pipe?

Hello terrylittlejohn here is where I have them listed.
http://www.stormcomm.net/moparsnmore/exhaust.html
they are not multiable pieces any more just a couple for the X and Y THE We are up dating the page as we speak Don.

My Twister Page

Last edited by Mister Twister on Fri May 06, 2011 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 4:19 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
The changing of collector design is why the 170 early A bodys not finished yet! We have built the one of the turbo designs, with the turbo close to the motor.
The ones for sale will have the flange mounted where the two 3" pipes come together.

Then I will have two collector pipes made to run the turbo where the battery was or closely mounted like mine just finished.
I will be rerouting the fuel line as well, running up top instead of from the front. Little kinky now! Thanks for any input on this, the BOV will be mounted just below the turbo Don.
See the change here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmyoWFr- ... e=youtu.be

My Twister Page

Post subject: Manifolds are awesome!
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 5:49 am 
4 BBL ''Hyper-Pak''

Car Model:
Are the ones ready for turbo on your site yet? I didnt see them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 8:22 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
I too am interested in one of the turbo headers I pm'd u on FABO
AARON

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/sho ... p?t=126611

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12