Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 3:44 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:13 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Here's the card:

I'm installing it about 4 degrees (crank) advanced.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:22 pm 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
I don't know what the original camshaft is, and I have no way of doing much more than measuring lobe size, but the original camshaft appears to have a split pattern, that is, having an intake of about .390 lift and exhaust about .410

It idled weak rough, and has very poor low end torque.... at the same time it never really comes "on" at any speed, though it definitely pulls a little harder over 2400 or so.

I'm hoping this cam runs better, including better torque, than whatever junker it had in it.

I swear when cranking the engine, it had 2 or 3 cyclinders that did a "pftttt" out the ports when there was no intake or exhaust manifold in place. That's with the just "rebuilt" head, and definitely having sufficent valve clearance to not be an issue. I had to back up the valve clarances into the .025 range to get any sort of a decent idle, and then it clattered a lot.