Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sat Oct 26, 2024 8:41 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1326 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:59 pm 
SSRN National Champion

Car Model:
hell I know how it will shake out. But I am interested in what you teach and what grades. thanks Possum :D

Run What You Brung And Hope You Brung Enuff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:58 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model: More cars than sense...
Quote:
This little piggie was bought and this little piggie went home this little piggie thought it could race and lost and went we,we,we, all the way home
That's funny right there! :lol: :lol:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:05 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Quote:
jus look an see on that dang inter-net what Venable means. Might jus suprize ya. Hell we might be kin! :shock: Good night sir!
I jus looked it up and there ain't no definition fer it. :?

Now there IS a few folks with that name (mostly politicians and teachers),... some law firm,... a hotel out West in Oregon,... and...

Oh wait! :shock: You must be the Mound down in Louisiana! I thought you wuz a cookie! And come to find out yer just a mound... :lol: :lol:
Quote:
Venable Mound (the last remaining mound of the McTheney Mounds site) is an archaeological site in Morehouse Parish, Louisiana with a single mound with components from the Troyville, Coles Creek and Plaquemine period.

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:57 pm 
Poser

Car Model:
hell I know how it will shake out. But I am interested in what you teach and what grades. thanks Possum :D

Teach? this year it seems that all I do is referee! When not doing that I am being Judge Judy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:30 pm 
Poser

Car Model:
Mater, Mater ....... try venabulis vinco or even venabulum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:46 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

No thanks.

I think the Mound thing is enough... :lol:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:04 pm 
SSRN National Champion

Car Model:
what the hell does that mean wvenable sounds like a bull fight in Italy. Where are all yall yankees couth at. Thanks Ron :D

Lets see whose piggie is barbeque

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:47 pm 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model:
........bringin a Tush hog to a weiner fight again Ron?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:59 pm 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model: 68 Valiant
Boy, who would have ever thought that giving away a worn out old Valleynut would lead to an international incident. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:57 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Only on slantsix.org! :D :lol:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:40 am 
Poser

Car Model:
Quote:
Boy, who would have ever thought that giving away a worn out old Valleynut would lead to an international incident. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is not the only international incident in which I have been involved! Stay tuned!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:18 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Doh! :shock:

I've been involved in several "international incidents", but I can't share them here... :wink:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:09 pm 
Poser

Car Model:
I was just out of high school. A friend of mine on the football team asked if I would be his work out partner at the local gym. Being six foot and weighing 159 pounds I was like the skinny guy in the old Charles Atlas ads. I reluctantly agreed.

Long story short I began lifting six days a week for the next seven years. I became good friends with the gym owner and his wife - who introduced me to my wife! 159 pounds eventually, slowly turned into 225 pounds.

I trained with the gym owner who was a former Mr. Indiana. I never competed because I just could not see myself posing in nothing more than a speedo. I just enjoyed the gym the goal setting and the comaraderie.

The gym owner's wife gave dance lessons and in march(?) of 87 received a letter from The Walt Disney Company. They needed dancers, performers etc for the up coming Pan American games to be held in Indy. They also needed bodybuilder types. Well Jack and I were not to cool on this idea - but wifey won out and we were recruited.

The opening ceremony was held at the Indy Motor Speedway. Jack and I had two parts to play. The first part was an oylmpic ring kinda thing for the body builders. After this we were to wait backstage...........

More to come I need a large frosty refreshment.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:53 pm 
Poser

Car Model:
...While waiting "backstage", we started hanging out with a cool group of Army dudes. These guys were called The Golden Knights and did all kinds of wild parachute stuff.

As we were BSing and waiting, the athletes were being lined up and were to walk right in front of us to make their grand entrance on the main straight away.

Jack and I asked one of the Army paratrooper dudes if we could borrow one of their big American flags. He said he would take us to his co. We asked the same question. "What do you want it for?" he asked. "We want to screw with the Cubans!" "Get these men a flag!" was his instant response.

So armed with the biggest flag I have ever held, we positioned ourselves and waited as the athletes were coming by in ABC order, each group holding a sign with their countries name.

Cuba arrived and red white and blue was rubbed in their noses! CBS cameras came outta nowhere as we "welcomed" our new guests! :shock:

We were spat at. We were "warmly thanked." There were all kinds of hand gestures! The Golden Knights "knighted" us on the spot and the pats on the shoulders were just as good as a medal!

The best part is when Bret Musburger was doing a piece on all the controversy surrounding the games. Fights at a soccer match. Puerto Rican baseball players were meeting the Cubans midfield with bats. A boxer went into the stands to pummel a heckler. But the incident that started it all... (said Brent) ... was.......I will be damned I am on national television!!!!! I was also an honorary Golden Knight, for one afternoon.

Post subject: B.s....
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:53 am 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

<sniff> <sniff>....

I smell sumthin... :roll:

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 385 posts ]  Go to page Previous 19 10 11 12 1326 Next