Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Engine Stumble
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:06 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model:
Hey guys,

I had a strange issue this morning. When I started my car, the engine stumbled on every rotation. To me, it seemed like it was missing because the stumbling continued even as I rev'd the engine. Everything looked ok on the engine, all the spark plug wires were intact and the carb linkages were the same as they were the day before (no issue then). I sprayed some carb cleaner down the carb's throat and it immediately subsided. But after a few minutes, it began to stumble again. The idle was down to about 500 (from 750). When I put it in drive there was no rpm drop and the stumble continued for a few minutes and then disappear while driving. No lack of power or response.

This issue seemed to come out of no where and disappear just as quick as it came. Any thoughts on what it could be? I was initially thinking of pulling the plugs to see if there is an issue there but I wanted to see what ya'll thought before I started dropping money.

All help is appreciated!

Thank you,
Aspen 76
(Quick info on the car, 225 with 318 2bbl carter [no choke, but never had an issue starting, runs rich as a result] GM HEI installed. Plugs and wires changed a little over a month ago. Also, I'm in FL so the temp was about mid 50s this morning, cold for me but not like snow cold so I'm hesitate to point to cold weather as the issue)

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg5 ... AG0095.jpg
http://www.youtube.com/user/BZuko1?feature=guide