Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Thu Oct 24, 2024 2:29 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:47 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
Thats so much of a dream score!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:40 pm 
Board Sponsor & Moderator

Car Model: 68 Valiant
Quote:
Rick congrats! I am also glad I helped you to get the blue car finished. The fat pack has since changed hands but is in the slant family. I have ( with a very good friends help) acquired a good Clifford Hyper Pak casting!

I have been quiet about this since Zilla is not fond of the long runner intakes and was steering me in another direction. Grasshopper has disappointed the Master once again! I do have a couple of other options for the Piggie so all is good. Exciting stuff, thanks for sharing!
You crack me up. You can't even make one run with a 1 bbl and you keep buying stuff that don't work to start with. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:35 am 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Quote:
So that also explains why you posted to the old thread about the "clockable" starter....
Yes it does! But I was afraid to say anything until they showed up.
Quote:
Did the seller have any history about where they came from?
They came out of a warehouse/storage building of some sort that was being cleaned out in Mississippi. I will try and run down a few more details.

Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:22 am 
Supercharged

Car Model:
Quote:

You crack me up. You can't even make one run with a 1 bbl and you keep buying stuff that don't work to start with. :roll:
I concur.

ha ha... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:41 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 64 Plymouth Valiant
Quote:

Do both.............

Get a 4bbl to 2bbl adapter, then a 2bbl to 1bbl adapter and then install with hyperpak............

:wink:

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:09 pm 

Quote:
Did the seller have any history about where they came from?
I spoke to the seller again, and he really did not have any more information other than they had been in a barn on a rental property for at least the last 12 years. It sounded like his friend owned the rental property and while cleaning out the barn they were discovered. Another genuine "barn find"! I never did believe that "barn finds" existed, but I guess I will have to change my mind now. :lol: :lol:

Post subject: 65 Valiant Hyperpak?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:37 pm 

Now the question. Will the intake and carb fit on my car without cutting a hole in the hood. Anyone have one on a 63-66 Valiant or Dart?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 4:23 pm 
Guru

Car Model:
It will fit under the hood if bolted to a 170... and you use the special "off-set base" air cleaner. :wink: :roll:
Nice find!
DD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:07 pm 

Well, mine is a 225, so I will probably just take one of my spare hoods and "alter" it. Thanks Doc!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:37 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
i have one on my 66. it fits but i dont run an air cleaner. i am going to have to cut the support out of my hood over the carb to fit the carb hat when the time comes.

i have a 225 with 170 mounts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:03 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model:
You can make it work with a 225 and a Factory Style Air cleaner. Oh and without cutting your hood or cutting the Brace in the hood.

Holes in the hood are options and Cutting the brace is an option too, but if you want it to look nice and stock like here's what I did:

Start with one of the 68-69 Dodge/ Plymouth unsilenced air cleaners from a 340, 383 or 440 charger, dart, etc.

With This style air-cleaner only the base rests against only the air filter and Carb Flange... additionally the base does not determine the height of the Lid.. Unlike the 1970 and Newer ones.

Get a Nice not too tall air Filter, or get a regular one and cut it up until you get the height that you need; then buy a real one. (I went with a K&N Here)

Either Make you own base or Modify A cheap moroso one from a swap meet like i did.. It's Ugly as all hell no one ever sees it.

I have driven the Dart on the street or 10+ years with this and never any issues. It does help to install a solid drivers side Engine mount to prevent the engine (with hyperpak and air cleaner attached) from rotating up into you hood. Use a Moroso one for a 340 A engine/ A body.. you will get 2 in a set and they will work for two slant projects... cause you will only use them on the left side. (unless you run spool mounts)
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mor-6 ... make/dodge

Greg

Post subject: Yep...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:57 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
It's sad but true the engineers weren't that far ahead in the early gen of the A-body and the hood to fender clearance in the 63-66's are just not there like the 1967-1976 Fat A-body, or the 1976-1980 F-body...When Thor and I had some driveway time one day we looked at his Dart and the location pretty much required the hood be modified...The being said, if one were an experienced fabricator I think you could come up with a plenum to put over the carb with appropriate ducting to allow 2 modern flat style filters to be used or possibly that scenario and some round tubing to go to a Jeep air filter box where the battery tray sits (you located the battery to the trunk, right?)

2 cents,

-D.Idiot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 4:32 am 

Quote:
you located the battery to the trunk, right?)
Yes the battery will be i the trunk for this season. So I have that area available for use. But I already do have a spare hood that I cut some of the bracing out of to lighten it and to get at some rusty areas. So it may give me a little extra room. Plus I wouldn't mind cutting a hole in that one if needed. Greg's idea may work too with the bracing removed.
Lots of thoughts running around in my pea brain! Still trying to let it soak in.
Thanks for the Help!
Rick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:29 am 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
i wound up keeping the 170 mount because its bigger then the 225 and keeps my z bar lined up correctly. with the 225 mounts the motor sat lower but the zbar was crooked. i didnt like the look or feel of it. i also made my drivers side mount solid by welding a couple pieces of metal to it. i did that before i put the hyper pac on but it works for that too. basically what im getting at is if you are running the 225 mounts you should have enough room to fit everything in there without cutting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:17 pm 
SL6 Racer & Moderator

Car Model:
I wasn't aware of any difference in the insulators (mounts), between the 170 and 225 engines. I have a 66 parts catalog, and it calls out the same insulators for the 170 and 225 engines.
There are several different mounts listed with and without CV, CP. (don't know what that stands for, and with and without 4 speed. But between 170 and 225 no difference.

64 Valiant Signet
64 Valiant 4dr 170
64 Valiant 4dr 225

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 57 Next