Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 11:34 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:45 pm 
Board Sponsor & Contributor

Car Model:
It wouldn't, because AFAIK your options in hotbox (heat riser) gaskets are stamped metal or Remflex, end of list.

I could be wrong. If I'm wrong, I'll be glad to learn—and then I'll keep using and recommending Remflex. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:45 pm 
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
I'm sorry, two different things being discussed in the thread. I was speaking of the intake/exhaust gasket not the one between the manifolds. Now Reed's comment about the metal one makes more sense! :lol: :lol:

Didn't mean to gum up the works!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:57 am 
EFI Slant 6

Car Model:
Quote:
I'm sorry, two different things being discussed in the thread. I was speaking of the intake/exhaust gasket not the one between the manifolds. Now Reed's comment about the metal one makes more sense! :lol: :lol:

Didn't mean to gum up the works!
Rick took care of me for the Remflex heat riser gasket (payment coming soon !!) and Brian hooked me up with the Thermoseal gasket...gonna try that and see how it works out. I like reusable when its possible. And the cost was pretty good too <wink>

I will report back once we get the red baron back up and running....install date keeps getting pushed due to Damper Doctors messing up my damper, then multiple subsequent shipments of it. Crossing my fingers we get it soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:51 pm 
TBI Slant 6

Car Model: 75valiant custom
hope you have good luck. i just bought my first remflex, for my ford pickup 300. i finally figured out why ford went to two cast iron manifolds when they fuel injected the 300; the log manifold is too long and they ALL warp! they didn't even use a gasket at the factory.

i was pleased to be informed by the folks at remflex that their product is not only guaranteed for 6 months, but that they will replace it EVEN IF you damage it during installation! they are apparently big on customer satisfaction.

on the other hand, i understand being a poor boy. it sucks when you have to make compromises that you otherwise wouldn't. like i said, good luck!