Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:39 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:57 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
You know, I used a Holley two stage power valve in a Motorcraft 2150. If you look closely, you'll find you can change the factory settings to recalibrate when the valve opens. I made a fixture to test the vacuum settings. Ended up being able to run the carb just slightly lean, but would open the first stage of the power valve with throttle tip in. First stage opened at around 12.5. Second at around 9. Something to think about.

Mitch

Post subject: Wondered bout that...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:01 am 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Thanks Mitch,

I also have a couple more of these and another one I have is set for 12.5 and 6.5...

this is just good for an 'experimnet' at the moment and not a permanent installation.

good knowledge.

-D.Idiot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:50 pm 
Supercharged

Car Model: 76 D100
Here's a neat litle article I found about the 5200:

http://www.surpluselectron.com/aaron/holley.htm

Post subject: End Test...
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:08 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
Well the road smoker '74 got it's last run today and the ignition system has a 'problem' in it (I think it's the %$^%$^ 1974 seat belt ignition delay system...%$&$&&$& device...).

I think the pump shot could be a bit larger, and I could step up to 55's or 56's with the weather we're having. I got lots of good power out of the stock setup with the larger tail pipe setup, and didn't give up any gas mileage, my calc's say I got close to 22+\- mpg (It's got to be the gearing and the wide ratio 3 spd....and how much that punk at the gas station tops up my tank....) :roll:

I put the car in the shed and will be tearing it down for future use. Look for another post with detailed pics on the 'autopsy of a duster' (which may help someone later put theirs back together, I hope)...

-D.Idiot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:02 am 
Thats great mileage there D.I. ,I won the jeep 2300 for $20 + S&H ,and as soon as I get the Mr. gasket 1937 I ordered from Summit for $16 I'm going to grind the intake to match. I am also going to switch to 2 1/4 exhaust using the manifold I hogged out a while back.It has a different hookup that I came up with -see it here http://www.slantsix.com/UBB/Forum17/HTML/000188.html
I have an idea for a kickdown that Im going to play with and if it works out Ill
post it here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:22 pm 
Supercharged

Resurrecting more dead Holley 2300 posts.

What was the end result with this DI?

Post subject: The End...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:21 am 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
That was the last test. Road smoker slant still attached to K-frame on skid in my garage...Duster dismantled due to rust and suspension issues... Ignition system had problem due to cutting out/shorting of the seat belt system... Holley 2300 found to be a bit lean and needed the main jetting fattened up a bit, and a little bigger shooter...idle circuit was a lean after warm up and sometimes car would die in heavy traffic (pulled into parking lot after one of these spells and the oiled plugs were "clean", so they were lean and hot...)

-D.Idiot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:06 am 
Supercharged

Thanks! This will help me establish at least a rough starting point for mine.

Post subject: Just for kicks...
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:41 pm 
Board Sponsor

Car Model:
as a final update...at this moment, the road smoker block underwent a facelift...447 head has 1.70/1.44 engine builder valves, block was redone...and is now .060 over...sports 11.5:1 SCR and uses the Erson AM cam.... That's a complete turn around from a block that was pulled years back and was going through a quart or two of oil weekly...

-Cheers

-D.idiot