Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 11:01 pm

All times are UTC-07:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 … 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2026 6:17 am 
Offline
EFI Slant 6

Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:35 pm
Posts: 281
Location: South Eatern Pa
Car Model:
Ok thanks...we "are" still racing the slant

_________________
Image
joesnow AKA Dan


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2026 12:02 pm 
Offline
SL6 Racer & Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:42 am
Posts: 9165
Location: Cox’s Creek, KY
Car Model: More cars than sense...
Mandi is also getting a set. Nice to see the new generation getting mentored and involved! :D

_________________
Rob

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Image
Image
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2026 10:31 am 
Offline
SL6 Racer & Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:42 am
Posts: 9165
Location: Cox’s Creek, KY
Car Model: More cars than sense...
Update on pistons from Wiseco.

We are extremely backed up in manufacturing and these are due week of AUG 21st.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

_________________
Rob

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Image
Image
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2026 11:40 am 
Offline
Board Sponsor & Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:08 am
Posts: 17619
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Car Model:
Thanks a bunch, Rob. Good to know and we can be patient.

Best wishes,
Lou

_________________
Home of Slant6-powered fun machines since 1988


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2026 12:24 pm 
Offline
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:57 pm
Posts: 9478
Location: Waynesboro, Pa.
Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Thanks Rob!

_________________
2 Mopars come with Spark plug tubes. One is a world class, racing machine. The other is a 426 CI. boat anchor!
Image
12.70 @ 104.6
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2026 1:01 pm 
Offline
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:57 pm
Posts: 9478
Location: Waynesboro, Pa.
Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Rob, If it helps I can send the rest of the payment for the pistons? Just let us know if that would be good for you?

_________________
2 Mopars come with Spark plug tubes. One is a world class, racing machine. The other is a 426 CI. boat anchor!
Image
12.70 @ 104.6
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2026 5:25 pm 
Offline
SL6 Racer & Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:42 am
Posts: 9165
Location: Cox’s Creek, KY
Car Model: More cars than sense...
I have reached out to Adam to see if they are done yet. I’ll let you know.

I sure hope I get them before Clay City!

_________________
Rob

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Image
Image
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2026 6:59 am 
Offline
SL6 Racer & Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:42 am
Posts: 9165
Location: Cox’s Creek, KY
Car Model: More cars than sense...
I spoke to Adam yesterday. The Pistons are not ready yet. They are apparently going through the final quality control step.

I think it might be prudent to go ahead and collect the second payment from everyone so I can pay him as soon as they are ready. I am in a little bit of a time crunch with being out of the country and then the race and then going back to WyoTech right after that.

I will figure out the shipping charges later.

_________________
Rob

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Image
Image
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2026 7:35 am 
Offline
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:57 pm
Posts: 9478
Location: Waynesboro, Pa.
Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
Sending money now.

_________________
2 Mopars come with Spark plug tubes. One is a world class, racing machine. The other is a 426 CI. boat anchor!
Image
12.70 @ 104.6
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2026 8:10 am 
Offline
SL6 Racer & Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:42 am
Posts: 9165
Location: Cox’s Creek, KY
Car Model: More cars than sense...
Got it! Thanks Rick! :D

_________________
Rob

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Image
Image
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2026 8:18 am 
Offline
SL6 Racer & Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:42 am
Posts: 9165
Location: Cox’s Creek, KY
Car Model: More cars than sense...
The pistons are close to being done. They are in final QC stages now.

I will be out of the country 30 August to 15 September and then we have the Clay City race on the 18th.

Sooo,… In the hopes that I can get them shipped to me before the race, I would like to go ahead and collect the remaining amount from everyone. That way I can pay Wiseco and get them shipped as soon as they are ready.

Here is the up to date status on funds received toward the $600 per set. I will have to figure out shipping costs later.

Roll Call:
Rick Covalt - 3.504” x 1 - $350 + $300 =$650
Greg Ondayko - 3.504” x 1 - $325 + $275 =$600
Wayne Venable - 3.485” x 1 - $350 + $250=$600
Lou Madsen - 3.485” x 1 - $325 + $310 =$635
IdahoCarson (FABO) - 3.504” x 1 - $350 +$250=$600
Matt Deemer - 3.504" x 1 - $325 +$275=$600
Rob Simmons - 3.485” x 1 - $350 +$250=$600
Mandi Gravatt - 3.485” x 1 - $300 +$300=$600

_________________
Rob

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Image
Image
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 6:36 am 
Offline
SL6 Racer & Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:42 am
Posts: 9165
Location: Cox’s Creek, KY
Car Model: More cars than sense...
I just got an email from Wiseco.

Apparently the 3.485s were shipped to me in KY. I will verify once I’m back to the states day after tomorrow.
He said two sets of the 3.504s should ship tomorrow with two sets remaining on “back order”. :roll:

I have asked for clarification on the “back order” thing, believing that doing a “special order” would mean they would all be done together.

8-10 week turnaround time was obviously not a very close estimate. Sorry guys. :?

I will bring what I can to Clay City and ship the rest. If they don’t arrive to KY until after I’ve gone back to WyoTech, Angie will ship them for me.

_________________
Rob

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Image
Image
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 6:39 am 
Offline
Supercharged
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:03 pm
Posts: 10396
Location: IRWIN PA
Car Model:
Thank you Rob.

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/hyperpack
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 6:45 am 
Offline
SL6 Racer & Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2003 4:42 am
Posts: 9165
Location: Cox’s Creek, KY
Car Model: More cars than sense...
Here’s the initial response:
Quote:
Not real sure, it was a forging issue where they were out of them at the time of the build

I will try to get you an accurate date.

_________________
Rob

I’m Mater
The Kentucky Poser

Image
Image
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2026 7:01 am 
Offline
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:57 pm
Posts: 9478
Location: Waynesboro, Pa.
Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
No worries Rob. Thanks for all your efforts! I'm in no hurry for mine right now.

_________________
2 Mopars come with Spark plug tubes. One is a world class, racing machine. The other is a 426 CI. boat anchor!
Image
12.70 @ 104.6
Image


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 … 3 4 5 6 7 Next

All times are UTC-07:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 57 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited