Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Tue Oct 06, 2026 8:53 pm

All times are UTC-07:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2026 3:18 pm 
Offline
1 BBL (New)

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2026 3:49 pm
Posts: 4
Car Model: 191 Plymouth Duster
Hi-
I’m looking for a factory original oil dipstick for my 1971 Plymouth Duster with a 225 slant six. My original factory tube is in good condition, so I just need oil blade itself. Engine is going in for repairs after sitting for 5 years and cleaning out some gummy varnish, and machinist in Burbank , Ca., is extracting bottom half of original blade in engine block. Please reply if you have one that you are willing to sell and ship.
Thanks!


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:00 am 
Offline
Board Sponsor & Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:27 pm
Posts: 14942
Location: Park Forest, Illinoisy
Car Model: 78 Volare
What is the length of your dipstick tube? I probably have what you need.

_________________
Official Cookie and Mater Tormentor.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 4:06 pm 
Offline
1 BBL (New)

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2026 3:49 pm
Posts: 4
Car Model: 191 Plymouth Duster
Misjudged the dipstick tube. It is NOT fine. Repeat- tube is NOT fine. It is cracked at about 14 inches.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 8:34 pm 
Offline
Board Sponsor & Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:27 pm
Posts: 14942
Location: Park Forest, Illinoisy
Car Model: 78 Volare
You have the long tube that has the tab that bolts to the manifold?

I'm going to my shop Saturday, I can look for one.

_________________
Official Cookie and Mater Tormentor.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2026 9:43 pm 
Offline
1 BBL (New)

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2026 3:49 pm
Posts: 4
Car Model: 191 Plymouth Duster
Correct! That’s the tube that I have. Thanks for checking for me


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 8:57 am 
Offline
Board Sponsor & Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2002 7:27 pm
Posts: 14942
Location: Park Forest, Illinoisy
Car Model: 78 Volare
Unfortunately I do not have one. I thought I grabbed the one out of the last motor I scrapped. Apparently not.

_________________
Official Cookie and Mater Tormentor.


Top
   
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2026 10:46 am 
Offline
1 BBL (New)

Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2026 3:49 pm
Posts: 4
Car Model: 191 Plymouth Duster
I sure do appreciate you taking the time to check and let me know. Thanks again!


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC-07:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited