Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sun Oct 06, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:49 pm 
A Lincon Versiles/Granada/Monarch rear end is about an inch wider than an A bodies. Some had disk brakes. Mavericks and Comets are about 1/2 narrower. I have a Comet with a 8" rear. It has a 3.08 gear but I see rebuilt 8" pumpkins on ebay with a range of gears. There is a factory posi and the 8" used the same clutches as a 9" rear. The ford guys run these rears fairly hard. Slicks and manuals transmissions and a 400 hp 302 your are better off with a stronger rear end, but no problem with a six even on nitrous. Currie is making an aluminum carrier for the 8" I believe it uses a larger bearing for the pinion shaft, which is the week link in a standard carrier. Mustang II's also came with 8" that would work, I found one with a posi and 3.4? gears. Also this rear is not much heaver than the 7.25 rear and a lot lighter than a 8.75.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:34 am 
3 Deuce Weber

Car Model:
You could get one out of a Pinto, too. Not sure of the width etc, but it's the same chassis as the Maverick and Mustang II, so I would assume it's the same. You can typically find the 8" in wagons and V6 cars.