Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Fri Oct 25, 2024 2:20 am

All times are UTC-07:00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:15 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 4:50 pm 
Turbo EFI

Car Model:
Wow, very interesting, looks you really did your homework.

What the 351 are we talking about, Cleveland, Modified,or Windsor?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 8:49 pm 
1 BBL (New)

Car Model:
Good stuff! A couple years ago I adapted gauges out of my '72 f250 to work in my Demon.

http://www.slantsix.com/UBB/Forum16/HTML/007760.html

It worked out well, but I ended up fixing my mopar electricals.I then switched to a Mallory electrical fuel and temp gauge.I had to connect a variable resistor in series with the fuel gauge to get it calibrated right.I'm not happy with the Mallory products.I'll try something different in the future..I dont know what yet though...

Doug

Post subject: resistance values
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:32 am 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
The good thing about the senders that chrysler used is the fact that they published what the correct value is supposed to be. It's possible for you to compare what the normal high and normal low values are in relation to the sender that you have. Eventually chrylser stopped printing their values which makes it nearly impossible to determine if your problem is guage or sender without replacing parts. About two years ago I went through every fsm page looking for values for a coolant temp, oil pressure and I think fuel level (I may have found it I can't remember) for a 1988 dodge. They didn't print the values anywhere. I called techline they said sorry we don't know and don't know how to find out. The temp sender looks almost identical to the old ones but the values are considerable different. I never did find the values but the gauges started working correctly. They had been bouncing through their range in high boost and I wanted to know if it was guage or sender.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:10 am 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
Thanks SlantSixDan, Jeb and McNoople,

I could see us sitting around a tailgate talking about engines! The Tru-Tech (made in USA) part number for the Ford F150 temp sender I used in the test is TS58T. (Standard Motor Products, Long Island NY). It came from a Parts Plus place and was looked up for a 80 F150 351. So, Jeb I don't know anything about Fords, so don't know what a Cleaveland or Windsor engine is, sorry. As usual SlantSix Dan was right on...my head did have a plugged hole so evidently the original application had a warning light. This was an extra effort plug job..someone installed an allen head plug then ground it flat to mate with the head! There is much useful information in this forum if one searches temperature sender, and it sure seems Dan is a gauge whiz!
regards,
rock
'64D100

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 1:56 pm 
Turbo Slant 6

Car Model:
Dan's wizardry isn't limited to guages.