Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Sun Oct 27, 2024 4:18 am

All times are UTC-07:00

Post subject: Duster Heater panel
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 4:57 am 
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Car Model:
Our '74 Duster came with the A/C removed, but original control panel intact, incl. the vacuum lines that operate the heater/defrost doors.
After I fixed the various air leaks, the heater/defrost door really doesn't work from the panel--I have to manually move it to a compromise position so that some heat gets to the defrost.
Does anyone have any idea of how the vacuum lines are spoz to be routed? Is there a diagram anywhere? I have the factory manual CD, but can't find it on there. I might be looking in the wrong place. That's the problem with the CD--you can't just flip thru looking for what you need.
I got a replacement control unit from a junkyard in AZ, but haven't put it in yet, 'til I know how everything is spoz to hook up and I can have everything work while I have the control panel out.
That sure is hell getting that thing out, isn't it?
The old blower switch was frozen, so I got a brand new one from some dealer In Rhode Island. He was $100 cheaper than some sleazeball who told me I'd never find any prices cheaper than his!!!!
Thanks so much for your help.

Post subject: Re: Duster Heater panel
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 7:08 am 
Board Sponsor & Contributor

Car Model:
Quote:
Does anyone have any idea of how the vacuum lines are spoz to be routed? Is there a diagram anywhere? I have the factory manual CD, but can't find it on there. I might be looking in the wrong place
Info you need (including vacuum hose routing diagram) is in Section 24, near the end.
Quote:
I got a replacement control unit from a junkyard in AZ
I think this vacuum selector is still available new, but will have to dig through books to find out for sure. Does your selector have five or six click-stop positions?
Quote:
The old blower switch was frozen, so I got a brand new one from some dealer In Rhode Island. He was $100 cheaper than some sleazeball who told me I'd never find any prices cheaper than his!!!!
Uhhhhh...$100 cheaper?!! That switch is still a current item, ACDelco number 1550455 or NAPA Echlin HC201 or Standard-Bluestreak HS-202, around $15.